[Sosfbay-discuss] De Anza Greens Have Begun

JamBoi jamboi at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 15 01:38:03 PDT 2007

Hey Wes, Andie and all,

Actually we would be the first club that is connected to a party.  The
Duopoly is lethargic and doesn't bother.  There are other politically
related groups, but we are the only one involved with electoral
politics.  Some of the others are into 'street' actions and could be
good to invite.

Great ideas Andie!  It will take a little bit before the group rolls,
so please be patient.

Impeach for Peace!

Drew
--- Wes Rolley <wrolley at charter.net> wrote:

> Andrea Dorey wrote:
> > Can you keep us in the loop about their activities?  I'd like to
> > support that.
> > We might be able to do an interview on BET TV show.
> > In fact, I'd love to do a panel with 1) the two Majors and the GP
> > student groups at DeAnza, or 2) any and all third party student
> > groups at DeAnza.
> > What do you all think:  good idea?  bad?
> > Andrea
> I think that it is a great idea. But, it's success all depends on who
>
> represents each party and how articulate they are.
>
> For example, when I went to a small college (Redlands) many years
> ago,
> we had a great debate team, one of the best in the nation. Of course,
>
> one of the members of that team ended up Deputy Assistant Secretary
> of
> Health, Education and Welfare; and a former Director of Congressional
>
> Relations at the U.S. Department of Transportation while another
> ended
> up as Press Secretary for the State Department.
>
> You would not have wanted to be going up against either.
>

> --
>
> I have been impressed with the urgency of doing.
> Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
> Being willing is not enough;
> We must do. –Leonardo DaVinci
> Wesley C. Rolley