[Sosfbay-discuss] De Anza Greens Have Begun

Wes Rolley wrolley at charter.net
Tue Mar 13 15:42:18 PDT 2007

Andrea Dorey wrote:
> Can you keep us in the loop about their activities?  I'd like to
> support that.
> We might be able to do an interview on BET TV show.
> In fact, I'd love to do a panel with 1) the two Majors and the GP
> student groups at DeAnza, or 2) any and all third party student
> groups at DeAnza.
> What do you all think:  good idea?  bad?
> Andrea
I think that it is a great idea. But, it's success all depends on who
represents each party and how articulate they are.

For example, when I went to a small college (Redlands) many years ago,
we had a great debate team, one of the best in the nation. Of course,
one of the members of that team ended up Deputy Assistant Secretary of
Health, Education and Welfare; and a former Director of Congressional
Relations at the U.S. Department of Transportation while another ended
up as Press Secretary for the State Department.

You would not have wanted to be going up against either.

--

I have been impressed with the urgency of doing.
Knowing is not enough; we must apply.