[Sosfbay-discuss] going car free

JamBoi jamboi at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 19 09:33:49 PDT 2007

Locally we need to work on the VTA to get their service up to snuff.
There are many adjustments to the routes taken, additional community
bus runs,  speeding up of the Light Rail and killing the rediculously
expensive BART extension in favor rail service (a fraction of the cost)
that could all make going car free in SCC *much* more workable.

There is a VTA Rider's Union e-mail list that is moderately active.  We
(the GPSCC) could support this coalitional effort!  Here's the eddress:
http://www.vtaridersunion.org/

Impeach for Peace!

Drew

--- Jim Doyle <j.m.doyle at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Andrea wrote
>
> One of the issues that Nader used to talk about was that of
> "facilities."  Without a decent and affordable transportation system,
>
> IMHO, we haven't the "facilities" to allow very many people to go car
>
> free.
> Andrea
>
> My response is
> granted, we do not have the "facilities."
> So, how do we get them?  What do we do?
>
> earlier email was
>
> On Mar 13, 2007, at 9:54 PM, Jim Doyle wrote:
>
> Tian wrote
> As I type this, I've been car free for more than four months.
>
> Tian has the luxury of not having to go to work each weekday.
>
> His statement implies that others should also go car free.
>
> That means an effort should be made to provide others with this
> opportunity.
>
> This then is a chance for the Green Party to take action on several
> transportation issues and issues related to transportation.
>
> Please add this to the list for the retreat in Morgan Hill.

JamBoi
Jammy The Sacred Cow Slayer

http://dailyJam.blogspot.com