[Sosfbay-discuss] Tech Museum

Wes Rolley wrolley at charter.net
Tue Mar 20 09:47:09 PDT 2007

I would recommend two things going on at the Tech Museum of Innovation
in San Jose right now. Actually, both have been going on for a while but
they are very much about what being Green means.

First, there is an exhibit entitled "Green by Design".  You can read
about it here. http://www.thetech.org/exhibits/green_by_design/

The second thing I would recommend is the IMAX theater presentation
Hurricane on the Bayou.
You can find show times
here:http://www.thetech.org/imax/filmdetail/?movie=HOB&ref=current

Hurricane on the Bayou is an immaginative wasy to '"bring the focus to
the rapidly disappearing wetlands that are New Orleans’ first line of
defense against deadly storms. Vanishing at an astonishing rate of one
acre every 38 minutes according to the U.S. Geological Survey, the
wealth, cultural vitality and very future of New Orleans depend on the
preservation of these wetlands."

If you consider the importance of the wetlands to New Orleans, we should
also consider the importance of the California Delta to this entire state.

--

I have been impressed with the urgency of doing.
Knowing is not enough; we must apply.