[Sosfbay-discuss] Cameron's Saturday's Hike if weather bad??? Re: Tech Museum

JamBoi jamboi at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 20 14:31:43 PDT 2007

Cameron, the Saturday hike could have a backup in case of bad weather
going to the Tech.  What do you think?  What time are we meeting and
where are we hiking otherwise?

Impeach for Peace!

Drew

--- Wes Rolley <wrolley at charter.net> wrote:

> I would recommend two things going on at the Tech Museum of
> Innovation
> in San Jose right now. Actually, both have been going on for a while
> but
> they are very much about what being Green means.
>
> First, there is an exhibit entitled "Green by Design".  You can read
> about it here. http://www.thetech.org/exhibits/green_by_design/
>
> The second thing I would recommend is the IMAX theater presentation
> Hurricane on the Bayou.
> You can find show times
> here:http://www.thetech.org/imax/filmdetail/?movie=HOB&ref=current
>
> Hurricane on the Bayou is an immaginative wasy to '"bring the focus
> the rapidly disappearing wetlands that are New Orleans’ first line
> of
> defense against deadly storms. Vanishing at an astonishing rate of
> one
> acre every 38 minutes according to the U.S. Geological Survey, the
> wealth, cultural vitality and very future of New Orleans depend on
> the
> preservation of these wetlands."
>
> If you consider the importance of the wetlands to New Orleans, we
> should
> also consider the importance of the California Delta to this entire
> state.
>
> --
>
> I have been impressed with the urgency of doing.
> Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
> Being willing is not enough;
> We must do. –Leonardo DaVinci
> Wesley C. Rolley
> 17211 Quail Court
> Morgan Hill, CA 95037
> (408)778-3024 - http://cagreening.blogspot.com

JamBoi
The Green Parties' #1 Blogger
See http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=JamBoi

The Celts invading the Italian Penninsula's reply when questioned by the nervous Romans around 400BC
"To the brave belong all things"

Jammy The Sacred Cow Slayer

http://dailyJam.blogspot.com