[Sosfbay-discuss] Next Impeachment Rally 4/11

Carol Brouillet cbrouillet at igc.org
Mon Mar 26 12:07:40 PDT 2007

I'm working on a 11" x 17" poster for our upcoming Impeachment rally.
Northern California 9/11 Truth Alliance voted $500- towards
honorariums and publicity.  I'm hoping Santa Clara Green Party will
also help us with outreach, publicity, and simply coming with your
signs, buttons... I have found speakers for 9/11 but still haven't
found a good Impeachment speaker.  We can also put this info on
smaller flyers/handouts/leaflets.  I'd like to add an impeachment
speaker to this list- if someone has a great suggestion of anyone who
can commit.  Also I did get a letter from Anna Eshoo the other day
which I posted on my website and am including as a PS after the text
of this poster:

411 on 911

9/11 Truth/ Impeachment
Rally and March

Wednesday, April 11, 2007, 1 pm to 3 pm
Lytton Plaza, University x Emerson, Downtown Palo Alto

Music by Annie and the Vets,
Speakers include- Gabriel Day, David Kubiak, Janette MacKinlay, Carol
Brouillet, Ed Rippy

We don't buy the Big Lie of 9/11 which has been used to attack the
Constitution, our rights, and launch illegal wars of aggression.
We are urging a Nationwide Shopping Boycott from Tax Day to Earth
Day, April 15- 22, 2007 to send the message to Congress-
Impeach for Peace and Justice.

[]

Details at www.wearenotbuyingit.org

Sponsored by the Northern California 9/11 Truth Alliance and the
Silicon Valley Impeachment Coalition (I'll add Santa Clara County
Green party, if you guys want to be part of this.)

March 16, 2007 Dear Ms Brouillet, Thank you for your letter about
impeaching President Bush and Vice President Cheney. I have received
numerous letters from you over the years and my office records
demonstrate that I have responded to each and every one. We have
discussed this issue at length before. I've lived through an
impeachment process and witnessed firsthand how it tewars the country
apart. The election in November was a resounding rejection of the
Presidents's policies and the policies of his party. I think it's
time to bring the country together and move forward. In my view,
impeachment will heavily distract from the important work of
reversing the disastrous course this Administration has set and will
virtually bring to a halt progress on important issues including
healthcare and global warming. As you know, the Bush Administration
enjoyed virtually unfettered and unchecked power over the federal
government under Republican Majorities in both the House and the
Senate over the last six years. This has changed. In the first two
and-a-half-months of the 110th Congress, Democrats have held more
than 100 oversight hearings covering the war in Iraq, the response to
Hurricane Katrina, the firing of United States Attorneys, and the
treatment of our veterans at Walter Reed. The House has voted its
disapproval of the President's plan to send 20,000 more troops to
Iraq. In the coming weeks, the House of Representatives will be
voting on legislation to set conditions and timelines for ending the
war in Iraq. Congress will conduct rigorous oversight and
investigations that will serve the interests of the American people.
Sincerely, Anna G. Eshoo Member of Congress

On March 23, 2007 Eshoo made a statement supporting
<http://eshoo.house.gov/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=302&Itemid=159>H.R.
1591. Move-On had urged its members to support the bill and then
thank legislators when the bill passed. I was furious at Move-On, as
well as Eshoo and Congress for the lousy bill, which gives tons of
money to the military, doesn't prohibit Bush from launching a new war
on Iran, and seems like a PR stunt to sell a distant deadline for
ending the war, which can be easily changed. It is simply Orwellian
and perpetuates the bogus "War on Terrorism" which is the biggest
scam this country has ever pulled on its own citizens. Carol
Brouillet http://www.communitycurrency.org 650-857-0927