[Sosfbay-discuss] Persian New Year Tabling Opportunity

JamBoi jamboi at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 29 13:52:30 PDT 2007

Ah, so Cameron you could comfortably make either choice (Persian New
Year or Stategy Committee retreat) in the comfort that either way all
things will be covered.

Organize, Energize, Coalize!

Drew

--- Wes Rolley <wrolley at charter.net> wrote:

> JamBoi wrote:
> > Umm... that's a bummer.  I don't think it would be wise to try to
> move
> > our Strategy Committee meeting though.  Hopefully you and several
> other
> > Greens can represent.  Where/When is that meeting?
> Jim Doyle posted this previously.
>
> > The annual celebration of the Persian New Year is being held
> > in Vasona County Park in Los Gatos this coming Saturday and
> > Sunday, March 31 and April 1.
> >
> > I received a call from Arzheng tonight, Tuesday, in which he told
> me
> > of the event. He is working trying to get a table for South Bay
> > Mobilisation.
> > Tentatively, that could be a shared table. Or, if miracles happen,
> we
> > might
> > have our own table. And finally, we could just have an informal
> presence,
> > walk around and try to register voters.
> There will be a Green Presence there ... Bob Alavi and Kamran Alavi
> have
> both said that they would be there, Kamran all the way from San
> Joaquin
> County. All it is lacking is a definition of the logistics and a few
> more people.
>
> I learned this from Kamran.
>
> > It is called the 13th day (of the year) picnic, and is observed in
> > most of Iran and parts of Afghanistan. Recently I learned that even
>
> > Iraquis ovserve norooz, definitely non islamic with zoroastrian
> roots.
> > Now it is not political at all and there is no formal anything. We
> can
> > go at the time we wish and come back when we wish. It is all social
>
> > and commercial. Many groups will have some presence and some are
> > promoting either their business or some agenda. It is still fun and
>
> > positively sentimental for me.
> > It is still possible, I may see some of the original people who
> > started it. (in Silicon Valley).
>

> --
>
> I have been impressed with the urgency of doing.
> Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
> Being willing is not enough;
> We must do. –Leonardo DaVinci
> Wesley C. Rolley
> 17211 Quail Court
> Morgan Hill, CA 95037
> (408)778-3024 - http://cagreening.blogspot.com

JamBoi
The Green Parties' #1 Blogger
See http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=JamBoi

"To the brave belong all things"
Celts invading the Italian Penninsula's reply when queried as to their intentions by nervous Romans around 400BC

Jammy The Sacred Cow Slayer

http://dailyJam.blogspot.com