[Sosfbay-discuss] Fwd: Save the Grizzly Bear - Help Re-list Them as Endangered Species

JamBoi jamboi at yahoo.com
Mon May 21 18:26:44 PDT 2007

--- "Michael L., Care2 Action Alerts"
<actionalerts at care2.com> wrote:

> Date: 21 May 2007 06:35:44 -0700
> Subject: Save the Grizzly Bear - Help Re-list Them
> as Endangered Species
> From: "Michael L., Care2 Action Alerts"
> <actionalerts at care2.com>
---------------------------------
:: You can make a difference TODAY, on Care2 ::

Grizzly Bear numbers are declining, yet they are not
on the endangered species list.

Tell the Secretary of the Interior to re-list grizzly
bears today!

Hello fellow concerned citizens,

      On May 1, the Bush Administration removed the
Yellowstone grizzly from the Endangered Species List.

      Instead of undoing protections for grizzly
bears, we really should be guarding them more
vigilantly than ever before.

    Help save grizzly bears by asking the Secretary of
the Interior to re-list them as endangered species!

The great grizzly bear has long symbolized the wild
spirit of the American West. Grizzlies once ranged far
and wide - at the time of the Lewis and Clark
expedition, approximately 50,000-100,000 grizzly bears
wandered through  the rugged, mountainous West.
But as more humans settled the Rockies, the great
bear's numbers began to dwindle. By 1975, the
Yellowstone  grizzly was on the brink of extinction
and was listed as endangered. Under the Endangered
Species Act, Yellowstone's bears have made a dramatic
recovery - from just 200 bears in 1975  to roughly 600
today. But now the grizzly bear faces its biggest
challenge ever: global warming.

One of the bear's primary food sources, the seed of
whitebark pine trees, is disappearing. Scientists
report that  warmer temperatures are causing an
explosion in the Yellowstone pine beetle population,
leading to decimation of  whitebark pine. In addition,
more and more of the grizzly's range land is being
opened to oil and gas development.

Tell the Administration that you want to see grizzly
bears protected and that they should re-list the bears
 today:

http://go.care2.com/e/R0dH/Ihjn/E28y

Together, we can make a difference!

    Michael L.

Care2 and
  ThePetitionSite Team

JamBoi: Jammy, The Sacred Cow Slayer
The Green Parties' #1 Blogger
http://dailyJam.blogspot.com

"To the brave belong all things"
Celt's invading Etrusca reply to nervous Romans around 400BC