[Sosfbay-discuss] Last night's successful protest at SVGOP showing ""Inconvenient Truth or Convenient Fiction"

JamBoi jamboi at yahoo.com
Wed May 23 17:53:51 PDT 2007

I totally concur with Tian.  Fred, Merriam, Tian and I
showed up and with our impeachment and Don't Be
Fuelish signs and presence protested our counterparts
in the SCC Republican party.  We even got to talk to
their speaker,  Joshua S. Treviño  who had the gaul to
represent the "Global Warming's not the crisis Gore's
cracking it up to be" point of view.  Nice guy
personally, but just totally off-base.  Totally.  He
was trying to defend nuclear power even!

Anyway we had fun, connected with lots of supporters
and gave the Repubs some hell.  Did the Dems
protest??? No there were only Greens present at the
protest!!!

Greens lead the way!

Drew

Tian wrote:
We had a great time protesting the Republicans in
Sunnyvale. I was surprised by how much support we got
from passers by. One couple gave us $20. Lots of
others stopped to talk to us. At the end of the
evening we ended up spending face time with a couple
of ex Republican Candidates and the evening's speaker.

Wes Rolley wrote:
Some of the activists who worked hard at dumping Pombo
wanted to stay together. I got this notification out
on the existing email list. Some of them are in
Silicon Valley, Palo Alto, etc.

--- JamBoi <jamboi at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Sounds good Merriam.  Anyone else up joining us to
> protest the Republicrats anti-planet policies and
> advocating impeachment?
>
> Impeach for Peace!
>
> Drew
>
> --- MKmusic03 at aol.com wrote:
>
> > Drew,
> >
> > I'll meet you at the corner of Murphy and Evelyn
> at
> > 5:30 pm with the Impeach
> > Bush signs.  Hopefully others will join us.
> >
> > Merriam
> >

> > Hi Drew,
> >
> > Count me in, I'll be there.  We can't let all
> them
> > GOP "naysayers" show up to
> > an enjoyable eveing without some kind of
> protest!!!!
> > What time do you want to
> > meet and where do you want to meet?  Do we have
> > protest signs?  Any leaflets
> > to hand out?
> >
> > Merriam
> >

> > Subj: Protest Opportunity: TUESDAY SVGOP showing
> > ""Inconvenient Truth or
> > Convenient Fiction - Sorting Out Sense from
> Nonsense
> > on Global Warming?"Â
> > Date: 5/21/2007 6:01:00 PM Pacific Standard Time
> > From: jamboi at yahoo.com
> > To: sosfbay-discuss at cagreens.org
> > CC: j.m.doyle at sbcglobal.net, cbrouillet at igc.org,
> > MKmusic03 at aol.com,
> > tnharter at ispwest.com
> > Sent from the Internet (Details)
> >

> > The Santa Clara County Republican party is showing
> > this ludicrous movie Tuesday PM May 22 6PM right
> on
> > the corner of Evelyn and Murphy.  Come join me to
> > protest!
> >
> > Greens for Planet Earth!
> >
> > Drew
> >
> > Date: Tuesday, May 22
> > Time: 6 - 9 PM
> > Featuring: PRI's new documentary, "An Inconvenient
> > Truth or Convenient Fiction? Sorting Out Sense
> from
> > Nonsense on Global Warming
> > Location: The Historic Del Monte Building, 100 S
> > Murphy Avenue,  Sunnyvale
> > Cost: $50/person for dinner, Cash Bar,  Movie
> > Premiere
> > included!
> >

> > http://www.svgop.com/press/index.cfm/ID/132.htm
> >
> > May 14, 2007
> >
> > GLOBAL WARMING FILM PREMIERE ON MAY 22 - RSVP
> > ONLINE!
> > Â  Â  Â
> >
> > Join us for a very special Lincoln Day event where
> > you
> > will be treated to dinner and a movie.
> "Inconvenient
> > Truth of Convenient Fiction - Sorting Out Sense
> from
> > Nonsense on Global Warming?" is a PRI documentary
> > currently premiering across the nation.
> >
> > Come mix-and-mingle with fellow Republicans, and
> at
> > the same time, be enlightened on the facts that
> shed
> > new light on Al Gore's version of the truth in his
> [...]

JamBoi: Jammy, The Sacred Cow Slayer
The Green Parties' #1 Blogger
http://dailyJam.blogspot.com

"To the brave belong all things"
Celt's invading Etrusca reply to nervous Romans around 400BC

____________________________________________________________________________________Get the Yahoo! toolbar and be alerted to new email wherever you're surfing.