[Sosfbay-discuss] "Reboot the CC!" says Green uniTEA Nonaligned Movement; Proposal for GA from Bylaws Committee

JamBoi jamboi at yahoo.com
Thu May 24 17:43:59 PDT 2007

Hey Gerry

TEA will be an 'Antifaction'!  In the best "pun is
mightier than the gun" (Tian's humor) fashion we will
not meet or scheme or organize in any fashion. :-)
We'll just distribute green tea (uniTEA) at the GA and
other green meetings. ;-)  And work for unity!  Its
like a flashmob movement.  Its just spontaneously
forming.

A reboot will work because all the present faction
participaters will be booted out of the CC.  This will
break the current stalemate that has had the CC
frozen.  It will buy time for us to figure out the
cultural (and
possibly bylaw) changes we need to enact to get us to
a better place. :-)

Your detailed questions about the proposal that Mike
Wyman and  Marilyn Ditmanson are great, but should
probably be directed to them.  I'll forward your note
on to them...

If I had written it I would have simply said: 1) all
current CC members are off starting now, 2) anyone on
the CC currently or going back five years are
ineligible and 3) the CC will be repopulated by new
appointment/election of their various constituents as
soon as possible.  I would have kept it extremely
simple have made any immediate structural changes.

But I didn't write it, so... maybe its a case of we go
to the GA with the proposal that's been proposed
rather than the one we might wish we had. :-)  I note
that this is coming from a County Council, and we in
GPSCC could certainly take the initiative in the
future to make this kind of proposal.

Drink Green uniTEA, not factional koolaid!

Drew Johnson
Santa Clara County delegate to the GA preparing to
vote for CC Reboot!

--- Gerry Gras <gerrygras at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Comments interspersed below.
>

> JamBoi wrote:
>
> > We need Green uniTEA my sisters and brothers!
> >
> > Just as during the cold war when the U.S. and
> U.S.S.R.
> > selfishly treated the world as if their empires
> were
> > the only thing that matter.  India arose to lead a
> > group  of nations to 'Just say no" to the warring
> > factions, to assert a Nonaligned Movement.
> >
> > I think its high time for us to assert our
> > independence of these two factions and to say to
> them
> > "NO! you won't have my endorsement and you destroy
> my
> > party!"  Join those of us who refuse to be sucked
> into
> > either faction's weak and self-serving
> justification
> > for their destructive actions.  We must save our
> party
> > from the tunnel vision of these two factions.
> >
> > This Reboot the CC action will be the first step
> but
> > it can not be considered the complete solution.
> We
> > must alter our culture and possibly our bylaws in
> such
> > a way whereby we do not allow any group of people
> > hijack the party and we do not allow the *service*
> > organization of the CC to be perverted into an
> > executive function and become a political football
>
> > grinding us to a halt again.  Together we must
> > consider how we solve these vexing issues.
> >
> > We can not stand idly by and allow objectionable
> > domination behavior by anyone to control our
> party.
> > We must change our culture from one of passive
> > acceptance of any old crazy behavior from factions
> or
> > individuals to a smoothly running self governance
> > style where we uphold our 10 Key Values and turn
> them
> > into the virtues they can be.  As a party if we
> > actually contribute and add value to people's
> lives we
> > will have no problem attracting members!
> >
> > Reboot the CC first!  Then let's put our heads
> > together to make our party functional, effective
> and
> > progressive leaders.
>

> > Drink Green uniTEA, not factional koolaid!
> > Drew Johnson
> > Santa Clara County delegate to the GA preparing to
> > vote for CC Reboot!
> > ________________________________
> >
> > Subject: "Reboot the CC!" says Green uniTEA
> Nonaligned
> > Movement; Proposal for GA from Bylaws Committee
> >
> > Time to drink Green uniTEA: The Team Earth
> > Antifaction! ;-)
> >
> > I speak for the vast majority of Greens that hate
> that
> > two factions have brought our party to its knees.
> > pox on both their houses! Yet all of us are to
> blame
> > also for letting this insanity drag on and on.
> [...]

JamBoi: Jammy, The Sacred Cow Slayer
The Green Parties' #1 Blogger
http://dailyJam.blogspot.com

"To the brave belong all things"
Celt's invading Etrusca reply to nervous Romans around 400BC