[Sosfbay-discuss] Roy declares his candidacy for the CC!/General SVR CC Rep Issues

WB4D23 at aol.com WB4D23 at aol.com
Mon May 28 11:14:50 PDT 2007

In a message dated 5/26/07 12:22:15 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
jamboi at yahoo.com writes:

Roy  Nordblum wrote the following today:

--- Palm Haven Handyman  <palmheaven at gmail.com> wrote:

> Reboot.  I'll run for  CC.  Roy III

We did not have a regional caucus at  the SF plenary.  Both Jo and Jim have
expressed the intention to resign as  CC Rep and Alternate, respectively, for
our Silicon Valley Region.   So...  for anyone interested in becoming CC Rep or
Alternate...  and  for all of us, consider:

1.  Do you have an understanding  of your responsibilites as CC Rep or Alt?
What is your background in the GP or  other organizations that is the basis for
this?  (E.g., email list and  telephone conference participation;
participating in CC committees and GPCA  Standing Committees and Working Groups;
Communcating with both County GPs in the  region; Etc.)
2.  Do you have the time and  energies to fulfill those responsibilities?
3.  Ongoing appointment process  issues:  For years there has been a proposal
for both county GPs to adopt  Bylaws that would allow us to appoint our CC
Rep outside of a plenary  meeting.  The closest we have come to getting this
done is an informal  understanding that both County GPs will approve volunteers
and they will be  formally appointed by a regional caucus at the next plenary.
The  informal agreement is that we will try to have the CC Rep from one
county and  the alternate from the other.  We could "opt out" of the need for a
plenary  caucus if folks would get focused enough to amend the bylaws for each
county  party.

Warner