[Sosfbay-discuss] [SPAM] Re: Roy declares his candidacy for the CC!/General SVR CC Rep Issues

Wes Rolley wrolley at charter.net
Tue May 29 21:22:07 PDT 2007

WB4D23 at aol.com wrote:
In the last couple of days, Warner has provided several posts regarding
the manner in which we choose our Regional Reps and their Alternates. It
is my personal opinion that there are four points to be made and
Warner's points 1 and 2 below are the most important.

I think that more than a few do not realize just how time and energy
consuming work for the party really is. Just as important, you lose a
lot of your ability to schedule you own time. The result is often not
being able to accomplish any of the jobs as well as one wants.

There is one person who is a Regional Rep, CC Lisison for one Working
Group, CoCo of another Working Group and a member of at least one other
standing committee. They must spend all of their time on conference
calls. There is a lot of work that does not get done.

The third point is that these bylaws issues never seem to be important
enough to take care of. I mean we gotta go table here, protest there,
gather across the way. But, in the end, they are very easy to deal with
and would make this all work a lot better if we just did it.

The 4th point is that, in the current popular culture, the first place
people look to understand what an organization is all about is their web
site. I know that it is difficult to get people to work on it. It is
time consuming and everyone wants to have a say in what it does. So, it
does not get done and when people look at it, see that nothing has
happened since 2004, or 5, or 6, then they understand something about
the way the organization operates... not not.

Warner's proposal make sense. Just do it.

--
"I find I have a great lot to learn – or unlearn. I seem to know far too much and this knowledge obscures the really significant facts, but I am getting on." -- Charles Rennie Mackintosh

Wesley C. Rolley
17211 Quail Court
Morgan Hill, CA 95037
(408)778-3024