[Sosfbay-discuss] Bylaws; Web Page; What Are County Council Responsibilities?

JamBoi jamboi at yahoo.com
Wed May 30 23:35:28 PDT 2007

Hey Warner,

Please cool the jets there amigo.  We *did* do at
least a partial review of the bylaws earlier this
year.  Yes its missing an update and we're aware of
that.  Yes our GPSCC web site is extremely out of
date.  Anyone interested in helping out is welcome to
contact me and I'll put them to work. ;-)  I'll be
working on this stuff sometime soon, but maybe others
will also emerge to lend a hand.  Also we're going to
be adding forums and such soon (I already posted about
that).

Institutional memory is obviously difficult for the
GPSCC to maintain.  We're working on improving on all
these things.

Warner and everyone: have you come up with any
recruits for the County Council?  We all need to be
constantly on the look out.  Females and people of
color most especially needed.  I spoke with Nativo
Lopez and I think he'll be a help to us in finding
representatives of the latino community.  We also need
to connect to our asian communities.

Green = "First secure your own mask, then help those
around you with theirs."

Drew

--- WB4D23 at aol.com wrote:

> Jim Doyle suggested I propose a bylaws amendment re
> how to  choose the
> Region's GPCA CC Rep and Alternate...  Never mind
> that I have  been doing that
> periodically since 2003!!!   The GPSCC County
> Council  has the responsibility to
> receive and put such proposals on the agenda so it
> can  be announced and
> discussed at one meeting and then acted on at
> another --  basically a 60 days
> process.  'Course those bylaws also say they are
> supposed to be reviewed every two
> years...  'Course, the bylaws amendment  that was
> approved in 2003 STILL isn't
> showing on the webpage version of the  GPSCC
> Bylaws...  Never mind that the
> GPSCC webpage is terribly out of date  and, even for
> the content that shows,
> doesn't indicate what year it is referring  to
> (i.e., 2006 mostly).  So... Who
> has the responsibility for being the  administrative
> committee for the County
> GP?  Could it be the County  Council???  Maybe check
> the Bylaws???   Warner

JamBoi: Jammy, The Sacred Cow Slayer
The Green Parties' #1 Blogger
http://dailyJam.blogspot.com

"To the brave belong all things"
Celt's invading Etrusca reply to nervous Romans around 400BC