[Sosfbay-discuss] [Fwd: Take Action - No War with Iran!]

Gerry Gras gerrygras at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 1 16:55:45 PDT 2007

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Take Action - No War with Iran!
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 21:49:41 -0400 (EDT)
From: Green Party of the United States <office at gp.org>
To: gerrygras at earthlink.net

October 2007

<http://www.gp.org/ebulletin/header2.gif>

News Headlines

   Action Alert

   No War with Iran!

Recently the US Congress approved a $30 billion military aid package to
Israel which, combined with the approved Lieberman-Kyl amendment to the
Congressional military appropriations bill, has moved the US closer to
war with Iran.

Join the effort to prevent war with Iran. You can send an automated
letter to your Congressperson by clicking on the following link:
http://www.gp.org/action/index.shtml
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?key=128856374&url_num=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgp.org%2Faction%2Findex.shtml>

After failing to find WMD's in Iraq, President Bush seems poised to
repeat history and lead us into another illegal war. He has yet to
produce hard evidence to the world community to support his claims that
Iran is assisting Shiite militias in Iraq and plans to produce nuclear
weapons for an attack on western nations.

The Green Party remains the only major national party committed to peace
at home and abroad. Please join us by sending an automated letter to
your Congresspersons here
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?key=128856374&url_num=2&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgp.org%2Faction%2Findex.shtml>.

   Ballot Access

. ARKANSAS On October 17, the Arkansas Green Party was notified that its
petition has been certified. It is the only Arkansas party, other than
the Democratic and Republican Parties, that is on the ballot for all
offices.
http://www.ballot-access.org/2007/10/17/arkansas-says-green-party-is-on-ballot/

http://www.arkgreens.org
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?key=128856374&url_num=3&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ballot-access.org%2F2007%2F10%2F17%2Farkansas-says-green-party-is-on-ballot%2F%250Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.arkgreens.org>

. NEW JERSEY On October 17, New Jersey Superior Court Judge Neil H.
Shuster ordered that the state grant equal treatment to alternative
political parties. The ruling eliminates some of the structural
advantages long enjoyed by the Democratic and Republican Parties, and
concedes that New Jersey election law must treat alternative parties as
official "political parties" for the purposes of campaign finance,
lobbying, and voter registration. The lawsuit in the case was filed by
the Green Party of New Jersey, the New Jersey Constitution Party, and
the New Jersey Libertarian Party. http://www.gpnj.org
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?key=128856374&url_num=4&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gpnj.org%2F>

   2007 Green candidates to watch on Election Day

The Green Party is getting ready for Election Day next Tuesday and need
your help to make it a success. Please consider spending a few hours
this weekend or on Election Day to help make calls, distribute yard
signs, or canvass on Election Day. To find a campaign near you, click
here
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?key=128856374&url_num=5&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gp.org%2Felections%2FElections2007-10-23.xls>.

The Green Party is running over 120 races in 2007. So far this year,
we've won 40% of our campaigns. We are looking forward to more victories
on Tuesday!

Greens to Watch on Tuesday:

<https://secure.democracyinaction.com/dia/organizations/Greens/images/chuckturner.jpg>

In Massachusetts, Chuck Turner
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?key=128856374&url_num=6&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.chuckturner.us%2F>

is seeking reelection for his seat on the Boston City Council of Boston.
Turner is the highest ranking African American Green Officeholder in the
US. He easily won his primary election with 75% of votes cast.

In Worcester, Grace Ross
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?key=128856374&url_num=7&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.grace4worcester.org%2F>

is running for Worcester Councilor at large. There are 12 candidates
running for six seats. Ross finished sixth in the primary. The
Coordinated Campaign Committee assisted the campaign, awarding a $400
grant from GPUS. Grace Ross was the Massachusetts Green Rainbow Party's
candidate for Governor last year.

<https://secure.democracyinaction.com/dia/organizations/Greens/images/graceross.jpg>

Luc Schuster
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?key=128856374&url_num=8&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.voteluc.org%2F>

is also running for reelection to the Cambridge School Committee.

<https://secure.democracyinaction.com/dia/organizations/Greens/images/howiehawkins.jpg>

In Syracuse, NY, Howie Hawkins
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?key=128856374&url_num=9&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.howiehawkins.org%2F>,

candidate for Councilor At-Large was endorsed by the Syracuse
Post-Standard
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?key=128856374&url_num=10&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.syracuse.com%2Fpoststandard%2Fstories%2Findex.ssf%3F%2Fbase%2Fopinion-2%2F1193734919100810.xml%26amp%3Bcoll%3D1>

on October 30. Hawkins ran for US Senate in New York against Hillary
Clinton in the 2006 election.

In California, Larry Bragman is running for re-election to the Fairfax
City Council. Bragman is currently the Mayor of Fairfax, CA. Lew
Tremaine is also running for re-election to the Fairfax City Council.
Janice Brittain
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?key=128856374&url_num=11&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.janicebrittain.com%2F>is

running for Hermosa Beach City Council. Brittain also received a GPUS
campaign grant from the CCC.

<https://secure.democracyinaction.com/dia/organizations/Greens/images/janicebrittain2.jpg>

Green Party of Virginia Candidate Josh Ruebner is seeking a seat on
Arlington County Board for a second year in a row, has garnered
favorable press coverage for his stance on affordable housing.

<https://secure.democracyinaction.com/dia/organizations/Greens/images/justinjeffre.jpg>

In Ohio, Justin Jeffre
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?key=128856374&url_num=12&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.justinjeffre.com%2F>,

former member of the band 98 Degrees, is running for City Council in
Cincinnati, OH. Since returning to his hometown, Jeffre has become
involved in media reform issues, campaign finance reform, light-rail
campaigns, and an initiative to allow the public to vote on a proposed
jail tax.

The Connecticut Green Party will run the most candidates on Tuesday- 14
in all, including Hector Lopez who is up for reelection as Constable in
New Caanan.

   Nader Sues Democratic National Committee for 2004 Dirty Tricks

On October 30, Ralph Nader, Peter Camejo, and six voters who wanted to
vote for Nader in 2004, filed a lawsuit against the Democratic National
Committee. The lawsuit, Nader v Democratic National Committee, was filed
in the District of Columbia Superior Court. The complaint is 70 pages
long. It details the national Democratic Party's extensive support for
challenges to Nader's ballot positions, in states in which elections
officials had accepted Nader's petitions and placed him on the ballot.

The complaint goes into great detail, including a coordinated effort to
sabotage individual petition sheets in Oregon (anti-Nader activists were
instructed to sign a petition sheet in the space reserved for the
circulator, and then to line it out, which had the effect of ruining all
the signatures already on that sheet). The complaint also talks about
harassment of Nader circulators in Ohio and Oregon.

The complaint also deals with incidents in Pennsylvania, Arizona,
Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Iowa, Maine, Michigan,
Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Mexico, Washington, West Virginia and
Wisconsin. The lawsuit asks for a jury trial, in a claim for monetary
damages.

  From Ballot Access News edited by Richard Winger:
http://www.ballot-access.org/2007/10/30/nader-sues-democratic-national-committee-for-2004-dirty-tricks/

<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?key=128856374&url_num=13&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ballot-access.org%2F2007%2F10%2F30%2Fnader-sues-democratic-national-committee-for-2004-dirty-tricks%2F>

Now is the time to order
Green Holiday Gifts.

Get ready for the holidays. The Merchandise Committee is pleased to
offer an array of t-shirts, hats, totebags, buttons, embroidered patches
and more. Check out our brand new union made baseball caps and our new
Sunflower shirts with the four pillars on the back, en espanol. Get
ready for fall campaigns with our brand new campaign kits and tabling
kits. Available at Green Online Store
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?key=128856374&url_num=14&url=https%3A%2F%2Fsecure.democracyinaction.com%2Fdia%2Forganizations%2FGreens%2Fshop%2Fshop.jsp%3Fstorefront_KEY%3D4>.

<http://www.democracyinaction.com/dia/organizationsCOM/Greens/images/merch3.jpg>

Green Merchandise.
Photo by: T.E. Smith, DC Statehood Green Party

<http://www.gp.org/ebulletin/build1.gif>
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?key=128856374&url_num=15&url=https%3A%2F%2Fsecure.democracyinaction.com%2Fdia%2Forganizations%2FGreens%2Fshop%2Fcustom.jsp%3Fdona%250A%250Ate_page_KEY%3D64>

   Register Green. Vote Green. Give Green.

The Green Party does not accept corporate donations. We depend entirely
on donations from people who are committed to building a powerful and
progressive alternative to the two corporate parties.

We ask you to challenge corporate influence in politics by supporting
the Green Party of the United States! Show your resistance to the status
quo by enabling us to continue organizing and mobilizing for real
change. Please help us get out our positive, progressive values to new
communities, and to deepen our involvement where we're already anchored.

Support us today
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?key=128856374&url_num=16&url=https%3A%2F%2Fsecure.democracyinaction.com%2Fdia%2Forganizations%2FGreens%2Fshop%2Fcustom.jsp%3Fdona%250A%250Ate_page_KEY%3D64>

and please consider becoming a sustainer (look for the recurring
donation option).

Green Party online shopping just got easier! Visit our improved online
store
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?key=128856374&url_num=17&url=https%3A%2F%2Fsecure.democracyinaction.com%2Fdia%2Forganizations%2FGreens%2Fshop%2Fshop.jsp%3Fstoref%250A%250Aront_KEY%3D4>.

   Americans are ready for Change

America is ready for the Green Party's message. But we need your help in
bringing the message to the American people!

Donate now to the Green Party

[Donate to GP Fund]
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?key=128856374&url_num=18&url=https%3A%2F%2Fsecure.democracyinaction.com%2Fdia%2Forganizations%2FGreens%2Fshop%2Fcustom.jsp%3Fdona%250A%250Ate_page_KEY%3D64>

Make your friends GREEN with envy. Become a card-carrying Green today!

[Buy Your Card Online]
Buy Your Green Party Card Online
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?key=128856374&url_num=19&url=https%3A%2F%2Fsecure.democracyinaction.com%2Fdia%2Forganizations%2FGreens%2Fshop%2Fcustom.jsp%3Fdonate_page_KEY%3D1434>(or

download a PDF order form
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?key=128856374&url_num=20&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gp.org%2Fdocuments%2Fgreenpartycard.pdf>).

The latest, coolest item in the wallets of progressives is the
personalized Green Party Card. For $36.00 a year* you can be a
card-carrying Green. When you become an active supporter of the Green
Party of the United States, you'll receive our spanking-new card, which
shows the world that you stand committed to time-honored progressive
values like liberty, equality, democracy, social justice, personal
responsibility and focus on the future. In addition, you will receive a
Green Party button and bumper sticker, a one-year subscription to Green
Pages, plus all of the information you need to get involved and active
as a Green. Half of your contribution will be shared with your state's
Green Party. The Future is Green!

Order Your Green Party Card Online
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?key=128856374&url_num=21&url=https%3A%2F%2Fsecure.democracyinaction.com%2Fdia%2Forganizations%2FGreens%2Fshop%2Fcustom.jsp%3Fdonate_page_KEY%3D1434>

Today

-------------
Federal law requires political committees to use their best effort to
collect and report the name, mailing address, occupation and employer
for each individual whose contributions exceed $200 in a calendar year.
Contributions form the following individuals and entities are
prohibited: corporations, labor organizations, national banks,
government contractors, people under 18 years of age, and foreign nationals.

*$36.00 is roughly equivalent to the $1.00 paid for a one-year
membership in the Populist Party of the 1890s. The Populist Party was a
multiracial, progressive, grassroots third party of working people which
agitated for many popular progressive reforms. The Green Party of the
21st century continues the Populist's fight for citizen empowerment and
progressive reforms at all levels today.

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL
All comments, feedback and content suggestions should be sent to:
office at gp.org <mailto:office at gp.org>.

You've been reading Green Line, the monthly e-newsletter of the Green
Party of the United States. Subscribe for free at gp.org
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?key=128856374&url_num=22&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gp.org%2F>.

Click here to unsubscribe.