[Sosfbay-discuss] Green Focus Debate: Do Greens Need a 'People of Color' Caucus?

alexcathy at aol.com alexcathy at aol.com
Fri Nov 30 06:53:33 PST 2007

?

EDITOR'S NOTE: My op-ed below is the first of a
series to be published in Green Focus on applying Green values for people of
color. Breaking the Democrat-Republicans monopoly on American politics requires
the destruction of big city Democratic Party Machines to which many of us have
emotional attachments. It's important for Greens to free our minds from the
tyranny of Democrat-Republican old politics about race and ethnicity. Thus, we
need to consider if we need a "People of Color Caucus" at all.

I am posting this essay on www.greencommons.com. Many will
disagree vigorously. Good. Accept this challenge: Post a comment with your
thoughts; write an 800-word op-eds for Green Focus and send it to don.boring at gmail.com .

Alex Walker

Los Angeles Greens

Debate: Do Greens Need a 'People of Color' Caucus?

No - Let's Be The Change We Want to See

by Alex Walker

"Be the change that you want to see in the
world." -- Mohandas Gandhi

Read More at:? http://www.greencommons.org/node/870

?

?