[Sosfbay-discuss] "janitor's" rally

Jim Doyle j.m.doyle at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 2 12:26:57 PDT 2007

*Sent:* Monday, October 01, 2007 3:45 PM
*To:* josh.unitehere at gmail.com
*Subject:* Thursday's March and Rally in San Jose - see you there?

*. . . And Justice for All!*

*Janitors, Food Service Workers, Security Officers* and others
contribute to the astounding success of corporations in the High-Tech –
Biotech Corridor. However, often their work is not rewarded. They toil
in low wage, poorly benefited jobs, under difficult working conditions,
and with no real way to organize themselves to secure improvements.
Inside these opulent corporate palaces, they are truly second class
citizens.

It is common practice for this work to be subcontracted out to other
corporations. (*Compass, Sodexho, Aramark, Guckenheimer, Wackenhut,
**American** **Building** Maintenance,* etc.) These too, are big
corporations. For example, Aramark employs 175,000 people in North
America. Subcontracting serves to reinforce the economic and cultural
divide in the workplace.

We call upon corporate leaders to take responsibility for /everyone who
works in their buildings/, regardless of the job they do, whether they
are "their employees", or not. We call for a *"Responsible Code of
Conduct"* (see back) so that everyone who contributes to the success of
these companies will have a chance to achieve fairness. It's our
American dream too!

*Google, Oracle, Applied Materials, Genentech, Electronic Arts, Sun
Microsystems, Adobe, Broadcom, KLA, Nvidia, and on and on *. . . we call
upon you to be the community leaders you can and should be. Your
Janitors, Food Service Workers, Security Officers and the community are
looking to you for justice.

Please Join Us for A Rally!

*When: Thursday, October 4 ^th at **4:30 P.M.*

*Where: The Performing **Arts** **Center** **Plaza*

255 Almaden Blvd

San Jose, CA 95113