[Sosfbay-discuss] Fwd: Please forward to Greens in your county ASAP!: KPFA LSB Election Recomm...

WB4D23 at aol.com WB4D23 at aol.com
Sun Oct 14 13:17:22 PDT 2007

In a message dated 10/12/2007 8:26:57 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
gregjan4 at yahoo.com writes:

Dear Greens,

      Some of you might be aware that voting for  the KPFA Local Station
Board (LSB) begins this coming Monday, October  15.  Because many Greens are also
members of KPFA, and because it is  important to elect LSB members who will
treat the Green Party and our issues  fairly, the Green Party of Alameda County
has reviewed the candidates and made  endorsements, and has prepared the email
message below so we can inform Greens  about our recommendations.

      In order to have the best chance of  electing LSB members who will be
favorable to the Greens, we would appreciate  it if you would email the message
below to as many Greens as possible in your  county, and as soon as you
possibly can (given that voting begins on  Monday!).  In the beginning, middle, and
end of our message, as well  as in the "subject line", we have indicated that
these recommendations are  from the Green Party of Alameda County, but if
you'd also prefer, please don't  hesitate to add a "preface" that you are
forwarding this message in response  to our request (etc., etc.)....

      Please get back to me by email of by phone  (510-444-7336) to confirm
you have received this message, or if you have any  questions.  And thanks in
advance for your help with this -- hopefully  this will be one tangible step
towards improving KPFA's relationship with the  Greens and our issues!

              Sincerely,

                  Greg Jan
                  County Council member,
                  Green Party of Alameda County

[[ Subject line:
KPFA LSB Election Recommendations, from the Green  Party of Alameda County  ]]

Dear Greens,

The Green Party of Alameda County has made endorsements for the  month-long
KPFA Local Station Board (LSB) elections, which begins on October  15.  Because
this is an important election for Greens, and because many  of you are
members of KPFA, we are sending this message to you.

The LSB elections are important not only because the board members  oversee
the operations of KPFA, but also because four of the board members are  then
selected for the Pacifica National Board that oversees the operation of  the
entire Pacifica Network.

In this time when the corporations have taken over the two major  political
parties and the media, it is critical for the Greens to help  strengthen KPFA,
since the Greens and KPFA share several common goals, such as  promoting
progressive politics and the fact that neither of us takes corporate  money.

Because KPFA is one of the most important media resources for activists  in
Northern California, as Greens, we need to have people on the Board who  will
work with the staff to strengthen and grow the KPFA community and  encourage
KPFA to give the Green Party (and other third parties) the chance to  be heard.
We also need to have people on the Board who will help KPFA,  as a
non-commercial station, set an example of how an election should be  conducted without
requiring candidates to raise and spend large amounts of  money in order to
publicize their positions -- that is, KPFA should provide  ample airtime as well
as public forums for the candidates, so that listeners  can make informed
decisions about whom to vote for.

The Green Party of Alameda County recommends the election of the  following
six candidates.  (Note:  Chandra Haupman, Dave Heller and  Attila Nagy are
Green Party members).  The candidates below are listed in  alphabetical order.
Please rank them in whatever order you prefer, as  your top six choices:

- Steve Conley, former LSB member, and KPFA staffer
- Chandra  Hauptman, current LSB member, human activist
- Dave Heller, IRV  advocate
- Attila Nagy, current LSB member
- Tracy Rosenberg,  Programming Council, and last year's LSB election
supervisor
- Joe Wanzala-  current LSB member, good working contact with national board.

In addition to the above six candidates, the Green Party of Alameda  County
also endorses the following candidates.

- C C Campbell-Rock, Hurricane Katrina survivor and Gulf Coast justice
activist
- Bob English, KPFA Outreach Committee member
- Richard Phelps,  current LSB member, arbitration lawyer
- Mara Rivera, KPFA Outreach  Committee member
- Gerald Sanders, former LSB member
- Stan Woods,  current LSB member, Labor activist

Thank you for voting in this year's KPFA LSB elections!

The Green Party of Alameda County