[Sosfbay-discuss] THE question: Shouldn't we impeach now to stop these monsters? Newspaper ads

Drew Johnson JamBoi at Greens.org
Wed Oct 17 18:46:10 PDT 2007

Excerpts.  For full article go to:
http://powerofnarrative.blogspot.com/2007/10/nation-on-edge-of-final-descent-ii.html
October 16, 2007,
Arthur Silber at 12:53 PM
A Nation on the Edge of the Final Descent (II): A Culture of Lies, and a
Desperate Need for Action
Part I: Glimpses of the Horrors to Come

Before we consider the nature of the questions put to John Kerry by Andrew
Meyer, together with the implications of what happened at the University
of Florida and the reactions to it (here's a video of the incident, once
more), let us take several steps back. Let us try to describe the general
nature of our national conversation, and of our political debates.

SNIP

Meyer pointed out that Clinton was impeached for a blowjob, for God's
sake. Shouldn't Bush be impeached now, before another monstrous crime is
committed -- and before a possible world war is begun?

At this moment in history, and in view of the stakes involved -- which
stakes involve literally the future of the world and of civilization, to
employ those words with their genuine meanings for once -- that is the
question that should be asked of every national leader at least once a
day, and preferably a hundred times a day. It is the question that should
be asked all the time, of everyone. It is the question that should be
asked of every Democratic member of Congress all the time, every day.
Almost no one asks it. Democrats and their partisans continue their
dull-witted fixation on the 2008 elections, forbidding themselves and
anyone else to acknowledge that by then, it may be far, far too late.
Major actors in the Bush administration have longed to attack Iran for
years, and they have never tried to hide it. Now, their viciously
murderous purpose is being aided and abetted by leading Democrats such as
Hillary Clinton.

And no one will ask: Why don't you act to stop this insanity?

Andrew Meyer asked that question. The prospect of an attack on Iran
appeared to upset him a great deal, and he wondered why Kerry wasn't more
upset than he seemed to be. Why aren't you more upset? Why aren't you
asking that question? Why don't you act to stop this? Almost eight months
ago, I offered a number of practical suggestions to try to avert this
looming catastrophe, one with effects that are likely to stretch across
the globe. With very few exceptions, no one gave a damn about them.

The first of those suggestions involved the placement of a series of
newspaper ads. I am unable to raise the necessary funds and do all the
required work myself -- but if several people (including, I would hope,
one or two bloggers with readerships far larger than mine) were willing to
assist me, I'll help write the ads and get them placed, if it seems at all
possible to raise the money needed. (And as I've stated many times before,
if you have different and better ideas, I'd be most grateful for them.)

No one else will do it. So I will, or at least try to. Your help is
needed, and a lot of it. If no one wants to help to try to stop this
nightmare, that means you don't give a damn either. If that turns out to
be the case, to hell with you.

SNIP

--
JamBoi