[Sosfbay-discuss] Democrat 'Brotha' Barack Obama and Friends

alexcathy at aol.com alexcathy at aol.com
Tue Sep 11 15:18:05 PDT 2007

My colleague Wes Rolley's post, "Do not go
gently " on the struggle going on in Brooklyn is a nice counterpoint
to recent goings-on here on the Left Coast by my African-American 'Brotha'
Barack Obama.

Obama and Oprah -- As Far As You
Can Get From South Central Los Angeles.

Obama raised an
estimated $3 million at a fund-raiser hosted by TV mogul, Oprah
Winfrey last week. Tickets to the sold-out private event went for
$2,300 apiece, keeping them within campaign finance limits.

Stevie Wonder performed for guests, who included Sidney Poitier, Forest
Whitaker, Chris Rock, Cindy Crawford, Jimmy Connors, Linda Evans, Dennis
Haysbert and many others. Will Smith, Jamie Foxx and Halle Berry also were
expected. Visitors were bused to Winfrey's secluded home from an equestrian
center where guests arrived in limousines, BMWs, Bentleys and a few hybrid
Priuses.

?

A description by Varsha Rao was
posted over the weekend on The
Huffington Post. It is such a disgusting, nauseating celebration
of capitalist wealth and celebrity it's enough to take your breath away. By the
way, it is a measure of the moral and intellectual bankruptcy of my fellow
African-Americans that I have not found a single criticism of this decadent
display on the usual Black-oriented web site or blogs. Break out your
handkerchiefs when you read the part where Oprah "with emotion" told
the glitterati she feels "blessed to be living the dream that Martin
Luther King, Jr. made possible."

Dear Friends, this is
about as far as you can get from South Central Los Angeles or Brooklyn or Southside Chicago as
you can get

Read more

Alex Walker

?