[Sosfbay-discuss] Nixon's Insane Anti-Semitism

alexcathy at aol.com alexcathy at aol.com
Fri Sep 28 11:18:53 PDT 2007

Dear Friends,

One question that, unfortunately,
comes up is the real problem of anti-Semitism on the Left.? Please note my Daily Kos diary
about some newly released historical stuff.

?

Nixon's Insane
Anti-Semitism

George W. Bush is not the first
certifiably insane man to serve as wartime commander-in-chief. ?

Anti-Semitism is utterly
irrational. ?Even as a child growing up in the Black Baptist churches of
Virginia, I always thought it was a kind of insanity. ?Timothy Noah has a
Slate piece using just released documents.

"Nixon's Jew Count: the Whole
Story," by Timothy Noah, Slate, Sept. 26, 2007

Already pissed about the Pentagon Papers, Nixon and his
yes-men go into a rage over Harold Goldstein, assistant commissioner of labor
statistics, ?speaking the truth that a dip in the unemployment rate was a
"statistical fluke." Tricky Dick discusses the matter with aide,
Chuck Colson (today, a big "Christian Conservative" leader): ?

Nixon: Well,
listen, are they all Jews over there?

Colson: Every one of them. Well, a couple of exceptions.

Nixon: See my point?

Colson: You know goddamn well they're out to kill us.

The Great Republican
"conservative" Leader continues:

Nixon: All
right, I want a look at any sensitive areas around where Jews are involved,
Bob. See, the Jews are all through the government, and we have got to get in
those areas. We've got to get a man in charge who is not Jewish to control the
Jewish ... do you understand?

Haldeman: I sure do.

Nixon: The government is full of Jews. Second, most Jews are
disloyal. You know what I mean? You have a [White House Counsel] Leonard
Garment and a [National Security Adviser] Henry Kissinger
and, frankly, a [White House speechwriter] William Safire,
and, by God, they're exceptions. But Bob, generally speaking, you can't trust
the bastards. They turn on you. Am I wrong or right?

Haldeman: Their whole orientation is against you. In this
administration, anyway. And they are smart. They have the ability to do what
they want to do-which-is to hurt us.

Hmmm. Imagine what it must be like
to be William Safire or Leonard Garment and
have the whole world know that you were, what we would call in the
African-American community, a "boot-lickin' Uncle Tom" for a
big Jew-hater. ?As for Henry Kissinger, well, we all know
he made his own separate direct pact with the devil.

?

Read More at: http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/9/28/133418/396

?

?