[Sosfbay-discuss] Cynthia McKinney & Cindy Sheehan @ Beach Impeach #4, Oct 7th

Drew Johnson JamBoi at Greens.org
Fri Sep 28 18:03:30 PDT 2007

Cynthia McKinney will be join in the Beach Impeach #4 event next Oct 7th in
Berkeley!

The "Draft Cynthia McKinney in 2008" California Team is bringing Cynthia
McKinney to the SF Bay Area for a a mini speaking tour Oct 4th-7th.  To
find the details of the events go to http://www.runcynthiarun.com/

You can indicate your support for a McKinney Green Party 2008 presidential
run on the page http://www.runcynthiarun.com/endorse_cynthia.html

_________

Beach Impeach #4 Is Just Around the Corner! Join Special Guest Cindy
Sheehan to Get Down for Impeachment!

Submitted by Chip on Fri, 2007-09-28 17:01. Activism | Impeachment
Event Details: BEACH IMPEACH #4 -- Sunday, Oct 7, 11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.,
Cesar Chavez Park, Berkeley, California,
featuring SPECIAL GUEST: Cindy Sheehan
Details, signup: www.beachimpeach.org - Organizer Brad Newsham writes:

Hello everyone,

Busy, busy day. I’ve rented a second four-seater helicopter to send up on
Oct 7, have lined up photographers, am arranging for insurance, inviting
politicians and celebrities in addition to Cindy Sheehan -- who knows who
may show up? With Cindy coming I’ve been able to talk with authority to
the media, who are definitely interested. I’ve written new content for the
website (it’ll be updated tomorrow), and created a flyer for the event.

Everything’s looking good, I think.

All we need now is another 1,300 or so people to register crowd. PLEASE
REGISTER – and/or invite people you know to register! If this weekend you
are headed anywhere where there is a crowd, please consider passing out
flyers. People WANT impeachment (last week a Zoby poll showed 31% of ALL
Americans favor immediate impeachment of both Bush and Cheney)...People
love hearing about, and seeing the photos of, Beach Impeach...And Cindy is
so widely and hugely admired
 Please help me get the word out!

THE WAVE

Dream with me for a moment, please:

We started this thing at Ocean Beach in San Francisco back in January. We
went back in April and did it again -- bigger. And then we moved a couple
of miles east, to Crissy Field, for another one just 10 days ago. And now
we’re leaping the Bay, to Berkeley. If Beach Impeach #4 is the rockin’
international media hit that I’m imagining, and that I am (and WE ALL are)
definitely aiming for...well, what if it gained momentum? What if it turns
out to be like The Wave -- going west to east across the country? Students
in Sacramento might call: “Hey, we saw your thing on TV -- we can do one
of those outside the capitol here!” Mayor Rocky Anderson in Salt Lake City
might think, “How about doing a REALLY BIG one out there on the salt
flats?” Organizers in Boulder, Colorado might want to do one with the
mountains in the background. St. Louis will need one on the big grassy
area alongside the Gateway Arch. And before you know it, we’ll be back in
DC, on the Mall. And we’ll get that change in government that’s been so
sadly denied us!

Who is to say it can’t happen?

Thanks for dreaming along with me -- all this this would never have
happened without your support.

THANK YOU!

brad
newsham at mac.com