[Sosfbay-discuss] May 1-st immigrant march

Jim Doyle j.m.doyle at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 23 14:10:12 PDT 2008

via email I received

>  Aqui estas los volantes para la marcha de 1o de mayo.
>  Here are the flyers for the march on May 1st. Please distribute them
to you contacts.
>  In solidarity,
>  Cesar Juarez
>  Student Advocates for Higher Education (SAHE) at San Jose State University
>  Community Liaison

The content included
"Immigrants being active in change"
We march May 1-st  We vote November 4-th
Demands:
    Comprehensive Immigration Reform
    Stop the raids
    Respect towards civil, labor, and human rights

Start 4 pm  parking lot of Mi Pueblo foods at Story and King Roads in
San Jose
Ends           San Jose city Hall

May 1-st committee invites
Civil, Labor, Religious, Cultural, and Student Groups
------

I would like to see the Green Party of Santa Clara participate,
be it a booth at the start location,
marching together along the route,
a table or stand along the route,
or pass out flyers along the route,
especially at 7-th and Santa Clara Streets shortly
before our monthly meeting begins at the Peace Center.

This event also means those who drive to the meeting will either
have to come early or to use an alternate route where there will
also be heavier traffic than usual.