[Sosfbay-discuss] MAY DAY ACTIONS

Drew Johnson JamBoi at Greens.org
Sun Apr 27 21:38:06 PDT 2008

On Sun, April 27, 2008 21:14, Drew Johnson wrote:
> In San Jose, an Immigrants Being Active Participants in Change march will
> gather at 4pm in the Mi Pueblo Foods parking lot (Story and King Roads)
> and will head down King Road and Santa Clara Street to San José City Hall
> (Santa Clara and 5th Streets).

Here's the SF and Oakland timeline:

MAY DAY, Thursday, May 1, 2008
10:30 am:  Meet at Mason and Beach (in Fishersmans' Wharf).  March to
Justin Herman Plaza.
12:00 noon:  Rally at Justin Herman Plaza.
12:30 PM:  Direct Action to Stop the War (DASW)
                March/protest at military recruitment center & ICE
                Depart from Justin Herman Plaza (Embarcadero BART)
1:30pm:  Take the "J" Car to Dolores Park.
2:00 pm:  Assemble at Dolores Park for the Immigrants' Rights May Day March.
OAKLAND 3:00 pm: Assemble at Fruitvale BART Station for Oakland's
Immigrants' Rights May Day March. March to Oakland City Hall.
http://maydayilwu.googlepages.com/oaklandmayday2008%21
3:30 pm:  March to Civic Center.
5:00 pm:  Immigrants' Rights May Day Rally at Civic Center.
OAKLAND 6:00 pm: Oakland's Immigrants' Rights May Day Rally at Oakland
City Hall. http://maydayilwu.googlepages.com/oaklandmayday2008%21
6:00 pm:  Take the "N" Car to AT&T Baseball Park.
6:00 pm:    Community MAY DAY Potluck Celebration!
                ILWU Local 34
                801 Second Street
                San Francisco, CA 94107
7:30 pm:   Young Worker's United Party
                Balazo at 2183 Mission St (and 18th)
                Bands at 9pm: Beefycakes!; Angela Chase!; Concepto
Tambor!; Mezklah!; DJ Rael spinning hip hop and Latin
music!