[Sosfbay-discuss] [GPCA-MediaComm] [Fwd: no GP ballot at a polling place]

Bert truekahuna at comcast.net
Thu Feb 7 10:24:39 PST 2008

Wes,

You've hit on a perfectly valid argument in favor of touch screens.

Carrying a little water on this...suppose there were a touch screen
system that didn't connect to some game-able network but simply printed
out a ballot "with all the little ovals filled in".  So then the voter
takes that printed ballot, verifies it by eye, and drops it in a box.

You make a mistake, a poll workers just shreds the printed ballot and
you hit it again.

Saves County Registrars money, solves the problem of not enough paper
ballots, and it is voter verifiable.

And, this makes no argument one way or another about central tabulating
equipment (different worms, different can).

I wonder if anybody makes something like that. Better yet, let's form a
Green Party company and start making one. Call it our entry into the
10KV of electoral capitalism.

Bert