[Sosfbay-discuss] Great Letter re "alternatives" in Metro Letters by Dana!!

alexcathy at aol.com alexcathy at aol.com
Tue Feb 26 19:37:57 PST 2008

Dear Green Friends,?

Indeed, it is a great letter -- concise and right on point!

Alex Walker

=? =? =? =? =? =? =? =? =? =? =? =? =? =? =? =? =? =? =? =? =

Published by The Metro, San
Jose, February 20-26, 2008

Letters-To-The-Editor

Alternatives Are For Alternatives

I'm writing to urge you to cover
political candidates from alternative (a.k.a. "third") parties.

I think that this should be
routinely done out of fairness and respect for the efforts these folks are
making. Many people agree that our present "winner-take-all"
two-party system is not serving the needs of the American people. Some citizens
have taken the trouble to form alternative parties. These folks recognize that
the two mainstream parties are dominated by corporate interests.

I believe that our country thrives
on diversity and inclusiveness. We need to know about the entire spectrum of
political ideas that are out there, and not huddle fearfully behind candidates
who are "the lesser of two evils" just because we are brainwashed by
the media barrage.

Yeah, and what's wrong with voting
for what you actually want? And knowing who's taking money from the
military-industrial-congressional complex?

I thank you for your past coverage
of alternative candidates, and I hope I will read about my candidate in your
paper.

?

Dana St. George

Palo Alto