[Sosfbay-discuss] My Assemblywoman, Karen Bass in L.A. Elected Speaker

alexcathy at aol.com alexcathy at aol.com
Fri Feb 29 16:31:05 PST 2008

The Lord moves in mysterious
ways.? I guess it's just as well that, for financial and personal
reasons, I cannot run for public office right now.?

My dream had been to a start a "Green Revolutoin" in inner-city Los
Angeles by running a vigorous campaign as a Green for a partisan office
like state assembly.? I imagined Barack Obama being kicked to the curb by the Democratic Establishment and I'd run out to all the disappointed and dissilusioned folks in my neighborhood and say:

"See!?
Democrats Ain't Shit!?
Vote for Me!?
Vote Green!?
Support the Cynthia McKinney Team
Send 'em a Message!" ?

Well, on top of everything else that hasn't gone according to plan, my representative to the state assembly, Karen Bass, has been
elected the first Black woman to lead a state legislative body in the
United States.?

First, Barack Obama caught fire.? Now, Karen is replacing Nunez.?

Damn!?

Let's get real.? No Green brotha is going to be able to stand against this.? Not this
year.?

My Green Dreams are going to have to be put on hold a little
longer.? One of the unintended consequences of Obamamania is
that it *WILL* prop up the Big City Democratic Party Machines a while longer.?

If Obama gets elected,
then for sure, they'll have more money to steal next year.

(sigh)

Alex Walker

Los Angeles Greens