[Sosfbay-discuss] Democracy Cafe Hosting and Tabling

Jim Doyle j.m.doyle at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 8 21:26:52 PST 2008

Rob Means has sent a reminder about hosting duties
and notes that the two hosts from the Green Party have not as
yet been designated.
Note that we could have a table at the event on Saturday the 19-th.

Originally, Fred and I had volunteered to help, so I guess he and I are
the hosts from the Green Party.

A few people indicated they would be interested in attending the
Democracy Cafe.
Are any of them also interested in hosting or tabling?

Jim Doyle

---
Here is the email from Rob Means without the attachments:

Dear Café Hosts,

More people are committing to attend every day.  With 30 already saying
"Yes" they will attend and another 10 saying "Maybe", we're well on our
way to the objective of 75 participants.  Attached are two
Word-formatted files with the front and back of event invitations.

As mentioned when your organization agreed to co-sponsor the Democracy
Café, your two hosts are expected to learn about The World Café process
prior to the event.  Although Chapter 10 of the book The World Café is a
good introduction to hosting a Café, you'll find a quick and easy
introduction entitled "Café To Go" online at
http://theworldCafé.com/articles/Cafétogo.pdf
<http://theworldCaf%E9.com/articles/Caf%E9togo.pdf>
The main thing to learn is the attitude of the host; one of service and
care.
Your two hosts are expected at the event site by 8:00am on January 19.

Additionally, I'm requesting Café hosts to attend a 90-minute
orientation this coming Saturday, January 12, at the India Community
Center, 525 Los Coches St., Milpitas.  Starting at 9:00am, we will tour
the facility, learn logistic details (sign-in table, restroom location,
etc.), answer questions, and discuss the host's role and attitude.  Over
the past 24 hours, the event script has been revised so it's ready to
go.  For a better idea of how this Café will flow, look over the script
at
http://www.electric-bikes.com/Café/script.html
<http://www.electric-bikes.com/Caf%E9/script.html>

A benefit to your organization for helping co-sponsor the Café is an
opportunity for outreach.  So, be sure to bring literature and
(hopefully) a person that can questions.  We'll have a table for each
organization at the event.
With the exception of the Green and Republican Party sponsors, I still
don't have the name of two hosts for the event.  Please provide me with
the name and e-mail addresses of both hosts.  Thanks.