[Sosfbay-discuss] THIS IS IT -- Maxine Waters Endorses Hillary

alexcathy at aol.com alexcathy at aol.com
Wed Jan 30 09:23:11 PST 2008

My Dear Green Friends,

THIS IS IT!  The Good Lord moved me to Los Angeles two years ago for this moment.

Los Angeles distinguished African-American Democratic Congresswoman Maxine Waters has endorsed Hillary Rodham Clinton for president.
I thought this moment would come, which is why I have been pleading with Greens to go easy on Barack Obama (special note to Wes Rolley: Please forward this e-mail to your friend, Lorna Saltzman).

Maxine Waters, leaders of the Congressional Black Caucus, leader of the Progressive Caucus, leader of the Out of Iraq Caucus, one of the earliest and strongest advocates for impeachment of Bush and Cheney, has joined Rep. Diane Watson, the mediocre Rep. Laura Richardson, Reps. Jane Harman,
Lucille Roybal-Allard, Grace Napolitano, Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa
and Assembly Speaker Fabian Nunez in the Clinton camp.

Dennis Kucinch is out and now John Edwards is out.  The two most progressive Dem candidates have already been kicked to the curb.

If Hillary wins in California or if Barack wins and it's really nasty there will be hell to pay in inner-city Los Angeles.

=  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =

Posted on Hillary Clinton Campaign
Web Site, January 29, 2007

California Rep.
Maxine Waters Endorses Clinton

The Clinton Campaign today
announced the endorsement of California Congresswoman Maxine Waters (CA-35).

"At a time when the economy
continues to worsen and so many of my constituents are losing their homes and
their jobs, we need someone with the leadership and experience who can step in
on day one to tackle the economic challenges our country is facing," said
Congresswoman Waters. "The voices of so many struggling families have gone
unheard for long enough. Hillary understands the daily challenges that people
are facing and she will fight for them everyday she is in the White
House."

Waters is serving her 9th term in
Congress where she has been a leader on many issues such as expanding access to
health care services and affordable housing, fairness in the criminal justice
system and the War in Iraq. She spearheaded the development of the Minority
AIDS Initiative in 1998 to address the alarming spread of HIV/AIDS among
African Americans, Hispanics and other minorities. She is also the author of
legislation to expand health services for patients with diabetes, cancer and
Alzheimer’s disease. During her career in Congress, Rep. Waters has been
responsible for shaping housing policy, including legislation to reform the FHA
program, improve the Section 8 Program and revamp the Hope VI Program. She is
also the founder and Chairwoman of the Out of Iraq Caucus.

Prior to serving in Congress,
Waters served 14 years in the California State Assembly, where she rose to the
powerful position of Democratic Caucus Chair. She was responsible for some of
the toughest legislation in California including the largest divestment of
state pension funds from South Africa; landmark affirmative action legislation;
and the nation's first statewide Child Abuse Prevention Training Program.

Waters is currently a member of
the House Committee on Financial Services and the Chairwoman of its
Subcommittee on Housing and Community Opportunity. She also serves on the
Subcommittee on Financial Institutions and Consumer Credit, the Subcommittee on
Oversight and Investigations, and the Subcommittee on Domestic and
International Monetary Policy, Trade, Technology.

She also continues to serve on the
Committee on the Judiciary and its Subcommittees on Crime, Terrorism, and
Homeland Security, and on Immigration, Border Security and Claims.

"Maxine has spent a lifetime
fighting for change and delivering results. She has been a leader on all of the
biggest challenges we face – from housing, to the economy, to Iraq and I’m so
honored to have her support in this campaign," said Senator Clinton.
"Maxine is known and respected from the grassroots to the world stage as a
voice for justice, for opportunity, and for peace and I am honored to have her
support."

We could talk about issues like global warming, single-payer health care, and US imperialism all day, but I can't think of anything we could possibly say to my neighbors that reveals in such a dramatic fashion as this how even the best of these Democrats really do constitute the Los Angeles Democratic Party Machine Bosses just like I always say.  This will do more to helping Green Party recruitment among young brothers and sisters in Los Angeles than Elaine Brown reminiscing about her adventures from 30 years ago in the Black Panther Party.  I mean, if people like Maxine Waters and Diane Watson, for whatever reason, cannot stand against the Democratic Party Establishment, then what chance does a guy like Peter Thottam and his friends in the Westside P.D.A. have?

Remember, they are *NOT* rejecting Barack Obama because he's so radical, because he's not.  They are rejecting Barack because he's not one of the "Good 'ole Boys" and because the Clintons know "where the bodies are buried" in a place like Los Angeles.

If Alex Walker was a rich man, I'd be buying television ads for the Green Party right now asking L.A. voters "Had Enough?"

Of course, if I were rich, I'd probably be supporting Hillary.

Alex Walker
Los Angeles Greens