[Sosfbay-discuss] Impeachment Demonstration at Zoe Lofgren's office this Friday 7/11, 3-6pm

Merriam Kathaleen mkmusic at greens.org
Fri Jul 11 02:57:30 PDT 2008

Hi All,

*IMPEACHMENT HEARINGS COULD START HAPPENING SOON!!!!!  (see below a
press release from the National Impeachment Network lobbying delegation)*
Things are taking place in Washington D.C. that point to the beginning
of impeachment hearings and we here locally will continue to do our job
to help everything along.  We will be out in front of Rep. Zoe Lofgren's
district office showing her our support for her to DO THE RIGHT THING!!

This is our 35th consecutive week. Please join us this Friday, 7/11 in
front of Lofgren's office from 3:00pm - 6:00pm.  We want a large
presence demanding she "*DO HER JOB*."  Zoe's office is at 635 N. 1st
St., San Jose. (Between Taylor & Jackson St. across from the IHOP
restaurant/Light Rail stop is corner of Jackson St on 1st St.)  We want
to be loud and proud for Impeachment hearings for Cheney and Bush.

SEE YOU THERE.

Thanks,
Merriam
Silicon Valley Impeachment Coalition
mkmusic03 at aol.com
408-482-6032 (Cell)
svimpeach.org

MEDIA ALERT
July 2008
National Impeachment Network
http://nationalimpeachment.org/

Aspokesperson for a National Impeachment Network (NIN) lobbying
delegation, which has been meeting with Congress members in WashingtonDC
this week, said "There is clear evidence that the mood of Congress has
shifted. Impeachment hearings could start this month. It appears that
hearings will likely focus on impeachable offenses not requiring
testimony and lengthy investigations because evidence is on the public
record -- the administration's refusal to honor subpoenas, the nearly800
signing statements used to alter the intent of legislation passed by
Congress, and the deliberate misinformation given to Congress to get
approval for going to war. We are very optimistic that Cheney and Bush
are finally going to be held to account and investigated."

Said another member of the NIN delegation, "The reception we've received
has been positively amazing. Every Representative we've met with
supports impeachment strongly. Our team is working hard and will
continue lobbying efforts through the month of July. We'll be there
tomorrow when Kucinich introduces his new resolution for impeaching Bush
for the deliberate intelligence deceptions leading to the Iraq War. And
Judiciary Committee Chair John Conyers invited the group to sit in on
the Judiciary Committee hearing where Karl Rove is expected to be cited
for contempt of Congress. Conyers told the group that he would like to
deliver the inherent contempt citation to Rove himself. This is
incredibly exciting. The majority of Americans favor impeachment and
want the Democratic Party to listen to the grassroots. Congress members
are going to insist on restoring their oversight authority. We should
take heart that the breakthrough we've been seeking appears to finally
be happening."