[Sosfbay-discuss] Jim Stauffer's high handedly unsubscribingmefrom regional list

Tian Harter tnharter at aceweb.com
Wed Jul 16 00:37:11 PDT 2008

I gotta agree that general discussion belongs in the discussion forum.
I've not been on that list so I don't know a "crime" was committed,
but I could believe Drew would post discussion items beyond where they go.

I consider the rant below this a bit over the top. Stauffer often acts
grumpy, but I have never seen him hit anyone. If you allow for his
personality, he is a fine fellow traveler. Please cut him a little slack.

When we have an activist that wants to do the work Jim is doing quite
well, then is the time to vote him out of office. Until then, I say
"Why can't we all just get along?"

Tian

Drew Johnson wrote:
> On Mon, July 14, 2008 19:20, Jim Stauffer wrote:
>> Do any of you know what you're talking about?
>

> This quote is typically arrogant behavior from Jim Stauffer.  It falls
> entirely within his typical pattern of behavior.  How offensive can you
> get???
>
> This puts across the entirely elitist message: "Watch out people, do not
> cross Jim Stauffer.  He knows what's best for you.  Do not speak out
> against his outrageous rageaholic behavior because he will slap you down.
>
> I say the party can not afford to put a rageaholic into a position of
> power.  How many have left our party because of Jim's behavior.  Its worth
> pointing out that Jim behaves consistently in a consistently misogynistic
> manner.  He's a white male and he knows better than you (as in the above
> example).  Just rollover people because Jim is the tyrant and you have no
> right to question any of his hurtful behavior.  Like Bush, he is entirely
> above the shackles of any kind of check on his actions.  Thank you Jim for
> giving us a beautiful example of exactly what we Greens are working to
> overcome in our world today.
>

> Green is Connection!
>
> Drew
>

>> Can any of you tell me the what list he was removed from and the purpose
>> of
>> that list?
>>
>> Have any of you read GPCA net etiquette policy
>> (http://cagreens.org/structure/email_etiquette.shtml) that asks for
>> cooperation from participants on these cost-free, advertising-free lists
>> that the party provides for your use?
>>
>> And, finally, what right do any of you have to tell the small membership
>> of
>> closed, special-purpose list who they have to allow as members and what
>> messages they have to read?
>>
>> Jim
>>

>> kaisha_marie at comcast.net wrote:
>>> I appreciate Drew's posts and he is the reason I'm green at all. I don't
>>> understand why his speech would be limited in any green forum. What are
>>> the rules being violated specifically?
>>>
>>> Green is unification,
>>> Kaisha
>>> Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Tian
http://tian.greens.org
I just got back from the Green Party Convention in Chicago.