[Sosfbay-discuss] Vote TODAY, for our new Green County Councilors

Drew Johnson JamBoi at Greens.org
Tue Jun 3 02:09:02 PDT 2008

Make sure to get to the polls and get your Green Party ballot, to vote for
our new County Council.  Below are their pitches:

Green is Go!

Drew Johnson
Green Party of Santa Clara County Councilor

For all their smiling pictures go to:

http://cagreens.org/sclara/june08candidates.shtml

Andrea Dorey

Andrea Dorey is an active host and TV producer based at KMVT in Mountain
View where she has been responsible for over 30 shows for The Better Part
(thebetterpart.com). The shows included: The Amazing Electric Car—parts I
and II, Raging Grannies, Annie and the Vets, the award winning Diabetes,
More or Less, and an interview with Sally Lieber. Andrea's interests were
further reflected in her monthly columns, published in 8 local papers,
that covered health care and quality of life issues for seniors. A
long-time feminist and an experienced GP county council member, Andrea has
been in numerous GP peace marches and protest vigils in the SF Bay Area.

	  Caroline Yacoub

Caroline Yacoub, retired teacher, former soccer mom, grandma, and singer.
I believe that one reason so many people do not vote is that they feel the
Democrats and Republicans do not represent them, do not address their
issues, and do not offer a real choice. I believe that the Green Party,
more than any other "minor" party, has a chance to reach these people,
include them, and involve them. I would like an opportunity, as a member
of the Green Party County Council, to spread the Green message to the
wider community. Democracy only works if people vote.

	  Carol Brouillet

Carol Brouillet organized three conferences on Strategies to Transform the
Global Economy and (the first) marches in 2002 to Demand a Congressional
Investigation of 9-11. She publishes the Deception Dollars, and Co-Founded
the 9-11 Truth Alliance. She organized premieres of films, educational
events, marches, rallies, the San Francisco International Inquiry into
9-11, and the show/film Behind Every Terrorist- There is a Bush. She has
three teenage boys.  She held a weekly Listening Project in downtown Palo
Alto for 6 years, now she holds it on the 11th of each month, and hosts a
weekly radio show- Questioning War- Organizing Resistance.

	  Dana StGeorge

Dana St. George, teacher, mom, activist/accordionist with the Original
Peninsula Raging Grannies. Though the number of registered Greens is
small, I think many people believe in the Green Party as a kind of
political Tooth Fairy that will eventually prevail and save the planet. A
BIG order! To do that, we'll need to "latch on to the positive", spreading
the hopeful ideas, keeping up the pressure, and trying to engage folks in
environmental and political change.

Gerry Gras
# 60 year old Software Engineer Residing in Palo Alto
# Green Party member since 2000
# Support all 10 Key Values
# Long term priority is protecting the planet's environment
# Very strongly opposed to an attack on Iran
# Opposed to wars in Iraq and Aghanistan, should leave  asap
# Need more help for subprime mortgage holders
# Need to undo the tax cuts for the rich
# Need a "We're in this together" society.
# Need a more cooperative, less hostile, foreign policy
# Bush and Cheney should be impeached
Questions? Email me
Comment: I think all the candidates for the County Council are qualified

	  Jim Doyle

I would like to place the emphasis on working locally to bring the issues
the Green Party supports into full view and into the diverse ethnic
communities in Santa Clara County.

Issues such as economic and social justice: enlarge the scope of living
wage laws; increase the support for low income housing
and of course
nonviolence: stop the war in Iraq
environmental protection: (re-)sign the Kyoto protocol and submit it to
the Senate for ratification.

	  Peter Myers

Peter Myers graduated from Los Gatos High School before attending Boston
University for a degree in journalism and a concentration in international
relations. In his college years, he witnessed both the attacks of
September 11th and the beginning of the Iraq War. In 2004, he worked as a
fundraiser for the Democratic Party. After graduating, he worked in
Boston's inner-city school system before volunteering as a teacher and
community organizer for two years in the Peace Corps in Moldova. He now
lives in Campbell and works as a computer teacher at an Apple retail
store.

	  Rob Means

After a 20-year career in computer programming, Mr. Means left corporate
America in 1992 to work on community-oriented projects.  His continuous
involvement since then with the Sunnyhills Neighborhood Association
supports local activism and on-the-ground improvements like the recently
completed two-mile long Hetch-Hetchy linear park.  During a ten-year
tenure on the Bicycle Transportation Advisory Commission he initiated the
planning and construction of creekside trails in Milpitas.  As the small
business owner of Electro Ride Bikes and Scooters, he knows our
transportation challenges - and solutions.  After running for City Council
in 1994, Mr. Means has remained active in local politics.  408-262-8975
rob.means at electric-bikes.com

	  Tian Harter

I am deeply concerned about the climate change issue and I see green
politics as a honorable and important part of the solution. I am most
widely known for my MEND YOUR FUELISH WAYS sticker campaign and my
website, tian.greens.org. Both of these projects are my idea of green
activism, and I'm hoping to continue them with your support as a Green
Party County Council member. Please vote for Tian Harter on June 3rd.

	  Wes Rolley

One time corporate manager who traded Big Blue for Deep Green. Potter,
columnist in the Morgan Hill Times and the cross that my wife must bear.