[Sosfbay-discuss] Vote TODAY, for our new Green County Councilors

Wes Rolley wrolley at charter.net
Tue Jun 3 06:53:07 PDT 2008

Drew Johnson wrote:
> Make sure to get to the polls and get your Green Party ballot, to vote for our new County Council.  Below are their pitches:

I would love to do that, but I am beginning to wonder, even about my
ability to vote at all.

As some may remember, I previously asked you about experiences with vote
by mail.  I am in a precinct that was assigned to vote by mail for this
election.  The Registrar of Voters has a web site where you can check
the status of your ballot.  It is
http://eservices.sccgov.org/absenteeballot/absenteeballot.do

I have checked, and checked, and checked and it still does not, as of
election day,  indicate that my ballot has been received even though it
went in the mail over several weeks ago.

They also give you a number to call.  I have called several times and
the only answer that I get is that they just went to the post office to
pick up some more that have not yet been processed, please check back in
a day or so.

It is now election day, the normal polling location (a long walk from my
home, but one that I have taken multiple times) is not going to be
open.  I would like to cast a provisional ballotk but, there is no way
to even identify where I can go to do that on the Registrar of Voters
web site.  There is a form to fill out to find your "polling place" but
all it tells me is that I need to vote by mail.   Which I did.

An interesting sideshow to this saga is that the ROV links to a map of
your home address when you ask about a polling place.  The map that was
displayed for my address (17211 Quail Ct. in zip code 95037 shows a
location just outside of Carroll, Iowa. Just N. of US 30.  It give me a
lot of confidence in the County's ability to do anything online.

I think that this will generate at least 1, if not more, Columns in the
MH Times.... and maybe I can get something into the Murky News.

--
"Anytime you have an opportunity to make things better and you don't, then you are wasting your time on this Earth" Roberto Clemente

Wes Rolley
17211 Quail Court, Morgan Hill, CA 95037
http://www.refpub.com/ -- Tel: 408.778.3024