[Sosfbay-discuss] Impeachment (Greetings from DC)

Edward the_alliance47 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 10 10:56:53 PDT 2008

I've just finished my first week interning in DC this summer. I saw this in the NYT, thought you might be interested.

  http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/washington/AP-Kucinich-Impeachment.html
    Rep. Kucinich introduces Bush impeachment resolution  WASHINGTON (AP) -- Rep. Dennis Kucinich, a former Democratic presidential contender, said Monday he wants the House to consider a resolution to impeach President Bush.  Speaker Nancy Pelosi consistently has said impeachment was ''off the table.''
  Kucinich,  D-Ohio, read his proposed impeachment language in a floor speech. He  contended Bush deceived the nation and violated his oath of office in  leading the country into the Iraq war.
  Kucinich introduced a resolution last year to impeach Vice President Dick Cheney. That resolution was killed, but only after Republicans initially voted in favor of taking up the measure to force a debate.
  Kucinich  won 50 percent of the vote in a five-way House Democratic primary in  March, beating back critics who said he ignored business at home to  travel the country in his quest to be president.
  -Edward

Be consistent. Protect all life.

No violence. Period.