[Sosfbay-discuss] FW: UC Berkeley Oak Grove update - Vigil 6-17 and Court Decision 6-18

Drew Johnson JamBoi at Greens.org
Wed Jun 18 00:57:43 PDT 2008

Subject: [G-C-F] Fwd: UC Berkeley Oak Grove update - Vigil 6-17 and Court
Decision 6-18
From:    "Linda Piera-Avila" <lindap_a at verizon.net>
Date:    Tue, June 17, 2008 22:12
To:      cal-forum at cagreens.org

-----Forwarded Message-----
From: BRUCE LAFFEY <blulite at flash.net>
Sent: Jun 17, 2008 8:22 PM

Breaking News:  Climbers in Oak Trees NOW To Remove
Tree-Sitters

Court Decision in UCB Oak Grove Expected Tomorrow June
18

At least five hired contract climbers are up in the
branches of the oak trees in the threatened oak
grove on UCB campus to take down tree-
sitters the day before the decisive court ruling is
expected.  Police are cordoning off the area with
barricades as oaks supporters are converging on
the site.  The climbers and a large contingent of
police arrived about 6:30 a.m.  The situation is
unfolding rapidly.

Supporters are needed there NOW. The grove is located
in the 2000 block of Piedmont Ave in Berkeley, one
block north of Bancroft Way.