[Sosfbay-discuss] Green PAC?

Rob Means rob.means at electric-bikes.com
Thu Jun 26 09:29:59 PDT 2008

Hi Folks,

I'm thinking of starting a Green PAC in Milpitas that "supports
candidates who support Green Party values."

Here in Milpitas, the existing three-member majority (which has not been
very "green") is about to consolidate their control of City government
in November's election.  Although the Council majority has angered
people with recent actions, folks have not yet self-organized to combat
this political juggernaut.  Only one candidate has come forward to
challenge the Council majority candidates.  I think other candidates may
come forward if substantial funding ($20,000 to $50,000) were available
to support their campaigns.  The PAC could be a way to fund such an
opposition campaign.  In addition to collecting money from unhappy
residents, contributions would be request from developers and other
special interest groups.

What do you think?

Rob Means, Electro Ride Bikes and Scooters
408-262-8975   rob.means at electric-bikes.com
1421 Yellowstone Ave., Milpitas, CA 95035-6913
Discover cycling that's Easy, Safe, Fast - and FUN!