[Sosfbay-discuss] yard sale

Jim Doyle j.m.doyle at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 12 18:22:47 PDT 2008

Pennysaver, where I placed the ad, has sent a garage sale kit:
3 bright signs with white space to put an address in
1 sheet of 60 3/4 inch diameter price stickers
a listing of ten tips for success

1)   have bags and boxes to package sale items
2)  advertise your sale
3)  clean your yard and garage, make it look neat and appealing
4)  organize items by type
5)  set up tables and shelves
6)  decide prices for similar items, price them to "move"
7)  have plenty of change available, small bills and coins
8)  be prepared to negotiate
9)  if some items have not been sold by afternoon, put several in a box
for a single price
10)  earn extra money - sell canned drinks, bake some cookies for sale

So what is our pricing policy?  Our negotiating policy?
Who is going to put the price tags on the donated items?