[Sosfbay-discuss] Fwd: Sun.SF:McKinney Fundraiser and Speaks @ Free Mumia Forum

Drew Johnson JamBoi at Greens.org
Sun May 18 05:23:21 PDT 2008

Subject: Fwd: Sun.SF:McKinney Fundraiser and Speaks @ Free Mumia Forum
From:    "Sanda Everette" <sanda at greens.org>
Date:    Sat, May 17, 2008 16:34

* Please Post Widely & Please Excuse Duplicate Postings *
[please post widely to your lists, and please excuse duplicate
postings]

Dear Friends,

Cynthia McKinney, former Congresswoman from Georgia and current
presidential candidate of the Power to the People coalition, will be
in San Francisco on Sunday, May 18, where she will be speaking at a
forum to demand freedom for Mumia Abu-Jamal [see notice below on Mumia
Forum].

At 6 p.m. -- following the Mumia Forum -- Sister McKinney will be at
the Brava Theater Studio in San Francisco's Mission District (2781 -
24th Street, between Florida and Treat) at a fundraising event for her
campaign. She will give a brief presentation and answer questions from
her Bay Area supporters.

Please join us at this important gathering -- and please make sure you
bring your checkbook with you. We'd like to raise a considerable
amount of money for her campaign. (For more information about her
campaign, please go to http://allthingscynthiamckinney.org.)

If you cannot join us at the Brava Theater, you can still make a
contribution toward our effort. Please go to Cynthia McKinney's
campaign website (http://runcynthiarun.org) and make your donation via
PayPal. You can also send your check or money order to Power to the
People, P.O. Box 311759, Atlanta, GA 31131-1759. (Also please fill out
the RSVP/Donation coupon below to let us know you have sent your
donation, so that it can be credited to our fundraiser.)

Sister McKinney's Power to the People campaign needs your support,
urgently. We are looking forward to seeing you at the Brava Theater
Studio in San Francisco on Sunday, May 18 at 6 p.m.

For more information on this Fundraiser, of if you would like to help,
please call 415-641-8616.

In solidarity,

Clarence Thomas, Longshore activist
Cindy Sheehan, Independent candidate for U.S. Congress
Kali Akuno, Reconstruction Movement activist
Mesha Monge-Irizarry, Founder, Idriss Stelley Foundation
Alan Benjamin, Editor, The Organizer newspaper
Tom Lacey, Peace and Freedom Party activist
Martin Zehr, Green Party activist
David Walters, Labor activist
Christy Rogers, Peace and Freedom Party activist
Pablo Rodriguez, Teacher activist
Millie Phillips, Editorial Bd., The Organizer newspaper

include Walter Turner from KPFA Radio, Sister Soffiyah Ellijah from
the Criminal Justice Institute of the Harvard Law School, and Cindy
Sheehan, among others. The forum will be held in the auditorium of
ILWU Local 6 at 255 Ninth St. (between Howard and Folsom). For more
info on the forum, please contact 510-268-9429.

* * * * *

RSVP / SUPPORT COUPON

[   ]   I plan to be at the Fundraiser for Sister McKinney on May 18.

[   ]   I will not be able to make it to the McKinney Fundraiser, but
I have sent $ ____ toward her campaign . Please keep me posted on any
future campaign events.

[   ]  You can use my name publicly on any future endorsement letters
or announcements for Cynthia McKinney's Power to the People campaign

NAME

ORGANIZATION

CITY

STATE

EMAIL

TEL

(please fill out and return to at <ilcinfo at earthlink.net> and
<patty at igc.org>)

[ for a PDF version of formatted leaflet for this event go to:  ]
http://picasaweb.google.com/ericblancsf/McKinneyevent ]

Come and Hear
CYNTHIA McKINNEY
Speak in San Francisco
on Sunday, May 18 @6 p.m.
at a Fundraiser for Power to the People Presidential Campaign

Brava Theater Studio
2781 - 24th St. (between Florida & Hampshire)
in S.F. Mission District

Cynthia McKinney, former Congresswoman from Georgia and current
presidential candidate of the Power to the People Committee, will be
speaking at a special fundraising event in San Francisco on Sunday,
May 18 at 6 p.m.
at the Brava Theater Studio in San Francisco's Mission District (2781
- 24th Street, between Florida and Hampshire; 6 blocks from 24th St-
Mission BART station, also accessible by MUNI 48 & 67 bus lines). She
will give a presentation and answer questions.

Please join us at this important gathering -- and please make sure you
bring your checkbook with you. We'd like to raise a considerable
amount of money for her campaign. (For more information about her
campaign, please go to her website at http://www.runcynthiarun.org.)

If you cannot join us at the Brava Theater, you can still make a
contribution toward our effort. Please go to the campaign website and
make your donation via PayPal. You can also send your check or money
order to Power to the People, P.O. Box 311759, Atlanta, GA 31131-1759.
[See RSVP/Support Coupon below.]

Sister McKinney's Power to the People Committee needs your support,
urgently. We are looking forward to seeing you at the Brava Theater
Studio in San Francisco on Sunday, May 18 at 6 p.m.
For more information on this Fundraiser, of if you would like to help
the Power to the People campaign, please call 415-641-8616.

          In solidarity,

Wilson Riles, Jr.,  Former Oakland City Council member
Cindy Sheehan,  Candidate for U.S. Congress
Clarence Thomas,  Longshore activist
Kali Akuno,  Reconstruction Movement activist
Mesha Monge-Irizarry,  Founder, Idriss Stelley Found.
Pablo Rodriguez,  Teacher activist
Krissy Keefer,  Former Green candidate for Congress
Christy Rogers,  Peace and Freedom Party activist
Alan Benjamin,  Editor, The Organizer newspaper
Brenda Cochrane,  Teacher activist
Jonathan Nack,  Green Party activist
Emily Montan,  UPTE-CWA 9119 member
Tom Lacey,  Peace and Freedom Party activist
Millie Phillips,  Editorial Bd., The Organizer newspaper
Martin Zehr,  Green Party activist
Markus Duskin,  Peace and Freedom Party activist
David Walters,  Labor activist
Dave Welsh,  Unionist, Retired Letter Carrier

<m_zehr at hotmail.com. and <patty at igc.org>)

californians-for-mckinney-unsubscribe at googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/californians-for-mckinney?hl=en