[Sosfbay-discuss] Preservation of the Constitutional Principles and Destruction of Bush Precedents

Brian Good snug.bug at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 11 23:25:11 PST 2008

I'd love to be shown wrong, but I'm not seeing any indication of momentum
toward impeaching Bush in January.

I suggest that the second best way of exorcising Bush's precedents is to get
Obama to declare an Obama doctrine specifically renouncing the unitary executive
principles and the extra-Constitutional imperial powers assumed by Bush, affirming his
commitment to adherence to rule of law, to the balance of power among coequal
branches, to recognizing the authority of treaties and international law, and to
repudiate domestic policies of lawless surveillance and intimidation and foreign policies
of kidnapping, torture, and pre-emptive war that represent a de facto policy of state
terrorism.

Specifically I'd like him to renounce and repudiate

1) warrantless surveillance2) lawless detention and kidnapping,3) torture,violation of Int'l  treaties,4) the right to declare anybody he wants an enemy combatant,5) the right to declare anything he wants
a national emergency (EO 51)6) signing statements usurping powers of Congress to make the laws and               of the court to interpret the laws
Comments?  Additions?  Ideas?

See how Windows® connects the people, information, and fun that are part of your life Click here