[Sosfbay-discuss] Preservation of the Constitutional Principles and Destruction of Bush Precedents

Drew Johnson JamBoi at Greens.org
Mon Nov 17 11:13:55 PST 2008

Impeachment is the constitutionally instituted remedy for constitution
breaking such as BushCheney have oppressed us and the whole planet with.
There is no statute of limitations on impeachment and the targets of
impeachment do not even have to be living to proceed let alone still in
office.  To keep abreast of impeachment efforts please see
http://afterdowningstreet.org (ADS).

As you correctly point out Brian, the Dempublicans are unconscionably
reluctant to fulfill their oath of office to preserve and protect the
constitution by the remedy the constitution institutes -- impeachment. So
your thoughts on alternative approaches are a welcome innovation that you
might want to post on ADS.  Also another on-line resource I'd like to
specifically encourage all of us to participate in and for you Brian to
post this on is http://greenchange.org, which is actually a Green 527 that
can help us with our Green lobbying efforts.

Impeach for Peace!

Drew

On Tue, November 11, 2008 23:25, Brian Good wrote:

> I'd love to be shown wrong, but I'm not seeing any indication of
momentum toward impeaching Bush in January.

I suggest that the second best way of exorcising Bush's precedents is to
get Obama to declare an Obama doctrine specifically renouncing the unitary
executive principles and the extra-Constitutional imperial powers assumed
by Bush, affirming his commitment to adherence to rule of law, to the
balance of power among coequal branches, to recognizing the authority of
treaties and international law, and to repudiate domestic policies of
lawless surveillance and intimidation and foreign policies of kidnapping,
torture, and pre-emptive war that represent a de facto policy of state
 terrorism.

> Specifically I'd like him to renounce and repudiate

1) warrantless surveillance
2) lawless detention and kidnapping,
3) torture,violation of Int'l  treaties,
4) the right to declare anybody he wants an enemy combatant,
5) the right to declare anything he wants a national emergency (EO 51)
6) signing statements usurping powers of Congress to make the laws and
of the court to interpret the laws