[Sosfbay-discuss] [SC-SM] Fw: Venues for January Gathering

Andrea Dorey andid at cagreens.org
Sun Nov 16 13:12:05 PST 2008

Jim,

You are thinking of the
Mitchell Park Community Center,
3800 Middlefield Rd. Palo Alto,
between Meadow and Charleston.
Also close to 101.

Mitchell Park Community Center in Palo Alto is an older facility but
great for groups, and can be used for serving food from their
kitchen, has enough floor space for a dancing, can provide dining
tables and chairs (not fancy) for eating or working groups, and has
several rooms off the main hall that could be used for smaller meetings.

Gerry Gras and Dana St George also have attended meetings in this
venue—it shares space with a Palo Alto Library branch and has a nice
grassy park for picnicking and informal games/sports; has tennis
courts; has both sunny and tree-shaded lawn areas; ample parking spaces.

I don't know the cost of rental, but Gerry and/or Dana might.  Is
rented by several groups, including the Humanist Community.
Andrea