[Sosfbay-discuss] Cynthia McKinney on Malik Rahim foR Congress

Drew Johnson JamBoi at Greens.org
Sun Nov 16 21:08:19 PST 2008

FW: From Cynthia Mckinney:

 "Hello!

I've been busy contemplating so many questions from so many of you about
where do we go from here. It is clear that many understand the challenges
that we now face and what is becoming even clearer is that far more who
didn't vote for us are now looking to us for leadership on issues that we
raised during the campaign like, for example, the bailout. I do have some
concrete, solution-oriented ideas and will explore them with you in the
days ahead. But I wanted to do something now that is important to all of
us, because we still have one more Congressional election within our
grasp.

We all know the importance of having someone of conscience in the United
States Congress, someone of unbending commitment to our values and not
just another representative of "business-as-usual" politics. Malik Rahim
proved his mettle when we all watched in horror as events unfolded in New
Orleans and the Gulf States. What a shame that African-American Hurricane
Katrina survivors have had to file a discrimination lawsuit against
Louisiana's Road Home program in order to earn their right of return. With
Malik in Washington, our own internally displaced population can finally
see justice--and not just abundant hot air--delivered from the halls of
the U.S. Capitol. We need Malik now and now Malik needs us. Bill
Jefferson, the incumbent, has been indicted on 16 counts of corruption
charges. We need Malik in that seat! For those of you who are close to
Louisiana, please consider giving Malik a weekend to knock on doors and
make important voter contact in the lead-up to the December 6 Louisiana
General Election. Please visit
http://www.votemalik.com/ and make a contribution today!