[Sosfbay-discuss] Find-A-Candidate Challenge: Do you have a success story yet?

Peter Myers pmyers42 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 17:55:42 PST 2008

I wanted to put in a notice mid-month that my quest to personally find
three candidates for 2010 races is going well. I already have
approached Dave Schwaderer, an engineer and a video student of mine
who is involved in the Mid-Peninsula Open Spaces project to clean up
Mt. Umunhum,  to run for Saratoga Town Council. He plans on attending
our December meeting and is very interested in running.

After Dave, I didn't have anyone in mind, so I started talking to my
friends. At a party, I asked my friends if they knew anyone who would
be interested in running as Greens. My friend listed off four people,
with whom I'll be in contact later this week.

It is not difficult for us to find candidates if we start early, look
deep in our Rolodexes, and strive to expand our professional and
social circles to include more of "The Candidate Type". The U.S. and
Santa Clara County in particular has been lulled into the thought that
Obama and a Democratic Congress will turn this country into a
wonderland within six months, and every time the government
disappoints them, they will be receptive to our message of change
outside of the two-party system. Every time Barney Frank says that $25
billion "might not be enough" to bail out Detroit, we can win votes
and candidates.

My challenge from the beginning of the month remains; come to
December's meeting ready to talk about at least one prospective
candidate, or better yet bring him or her along. I'm sticking to my
pledge of bringing three.

Until the meeting, it'd be great if others could share success stories
about prospective candidates whom they've approached about running in
2010.

Get the ball rolling.

- Peter

Peter Myers