[Sosfbay-discuss] [Fwd: A special request for Mark and Jesse]

Gerry Gras gerrygras at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 28 07:26:43 PDT 2008

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: A special request for Mark and Jesse
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 19:19:53 -0700
From: Marnie Glickman <marnie at greenchange.com>
To: sacramento at cagreens.org, sanbenito at cagreens.org,
sanbernadino at cagreens.org, sandiego at cagreens.org,
sanfrancisco at cagreens.org, sanjoaquin at cagreens.org,
sanluisobispo at cagreens.org, sanmateo at cagreens.org,
dalycity at cagreens.org, stanford at cagreens.org, santabarbara at cagreens.org
CC: santaclara at cagreens.org, santacruz at cagreens.org,
larry at santacruzgreenparty.org, shasta at cagreens.org,
siskiyou at cagreens.org, tulare at cagreens.org, tuolomne at cagreens.org,
ventura at cagreens.org, yolo at cagreens.org, info at ucdgreens.org,
yuba at cagreens.org

(Hi.  Can you forward this to your listserv?  Thanks, Marnie Glickman,
Co-chair of the Marin Greens.)

Dear Green friends,

Two courageous Green leaders urgently need your help now:  Mark Sanchez
of California and Jesse Johnson of West Virginia.

I just made a contribution to each of their campaigns.   I’m asking you
to do the same today.

Mark Sanchez is running for election to the San Francisco Board of
Supervisors.  He is currently president of the San Francisco Board of
Education and a public school teacher. Mark is a strong advocate for
renewable energy, public power, rooftop gardens and creating more open
spaces.  He is a proud to be one of the city’s openly gay public
officials.  Mark is in a dead heat with his lead opponent.

Mark must raise $15,000 by Wednesday so he can print a crucial campaign
brochure for his get-out-the-vote campaign.

Send Mark $25, $250 or anything you can afford today
at http://www.marksanchez.org/donate.html.

If you want to know more, watch this video of Mark
at http://tinyurl.com/65egnd  or visit his website
at http://www.marksanchez.org <http://www.marksanchez.org/>.

Jesse Johnson is running for Governor of West Virginia. He is the only
candidate in the race who opposes mountaintop mining.  According to the
Sierra Club, “Mountaintop removal mining … has already buried more than
1,200 miles of streams and threatens to destroy 1.4 million acres of
land by 2020.”   His campaign must succeed to keep West Virginia
communities and landscapes from being destroyed by the ruthless coal
mining industry.

Jesse needs to raise $5,000 by Wednesday so he can purchase a week’s
worth of radio ads on each of the biggest major radio stations in West
Virginia.

Send Jesse $25, $250 or anything you can afford today
at http://www.jesse4wvgov.org <http://www.jesse4wvgov.org/>.

Watch this video of Jesse at http://tinyurl.com/698b47 or visit Jesse’s
website at http://www.jesse4wvgov.org <http://www.jesse4wvgov.org/> if
you want to learn more.

After you make your contributions, send this email to your friends and
family.

You can make sure these two amazing Green candidates win their campaigns.

Their campaigns depend on you and your generosity.

Give what you can today.

Peace,

Marnie Glickman

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Marnie Glickman

Executive director

Green Change

www.greenchange.org <http://www.greenchange.org>

503.313.7919 w

707.313.7919 f

skype: marnieglickman

My Green Change page:

http://network.greenchange.org/people/marnie

Green Change is a community of people with Green values:  justice,
grassroots democracy, sustainability and non-violence.  We work together
to share Green art, politics and culture.