[Sosfbay-discuss] A Carbon Diet

Wes Rolley wrolley at charter.net
Sat Sep 27 10:31:02 PDT 2008

For the past six months, I have been using my column in the Morgan Hill Times to
pound on the idea that global warming is our number one problem; that it is
directly connected to our energy policies and that neither Obama or McCain is
telling us the truth.

I don't know how much real effect this has had, but the Morgan Hill Times seems
to believe that it is important local news.  In the Friday, Sept. 26 issue, you
had articles on the following:

- On a Carbon Dioxide Diet - About a club whose members help each other diet -
reduce C02. http://morganhilltimes.com/news/248886-on-a-carbon-dioxide-diet

- Going Solar - About the growth of solar power in Morgan Hill and Mountain
View-based SolFocus as a provider.

Also, a new plant will be opening in Morgan Hill for the production of solar
panel parts, but unfortunately not be an American company but rather Singapore
based Flextronics.  However, it is expected to provide 400 jobs for the local
economy.

I am beginning to believe that Dylan was right... the times real are a changin'

Wes

--
Wesley C. Rolley
17211 Quail Court

"Why should we not be able to do what others have done before us?  The answer
must be that art is created not by human wisdom or intellect, but by human
character as it is shaped by the times." Kitaoji Rosanjin.