[Sosfbay-discuss] More nukes for India and $700 billion for Wall Street

Edward the_alliance47 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 29 08:57:52 PDT 2008

H R 7081, which lifted a three-decade ban on US nuclear trade with India. The deal will allow
India to expand its nuclear power industry without requiring it to sign
the Non-Proliferation Treaty as other nations must. The bill passed by 8 votes. Yes, Honda, Eshoo, and Lofgren voted for the bill with 117 other Democrats.

The $700 bailout for Wall Street (which Speaker Pelosi has deemed "a buy-in so that we can turn our economy around") will be voted on by the House today. Call your Congressperson today to express both disapproval over HR 7081 and to ask her/him to vote NO on the economic bailout (HR 3997).

-edward