[Sosfbay-discuss] Bailout Not Dead

Gerry Gras gerrygras at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 29 21:51:59 PDT 2008

My reading of the news is that the MOB is not dead.

(Nader uses MOB to stand for McCain/Obama/Bush and
Mother Of all Bailouts.)

The Democan / Republicrat leadership is just
reassessing the situation and will try again.

So stay alert.

Expect more song and dance, smoke and mirrors.

FWIW, it is my guess that if Washington does nothing
about the economic crisis, the future will be grim.
The reason I opposed this bailout is that I suspect
that the future would be even more grim with this
bailout.

I don't know the right answer, but I would pay attention
to Ralph Nader, Bernie Sanders, Dennis Kucinich, and
Paul Krugman, all of whom rejected Paulson's plan.

And I would like to see the laws and regulatory agencies
restored to where they were after all the depression era
reforms were passed.  1936? 1940? 1944?

Gerry