[Sosfbay-discuss] Matt Taibbi on Health Care

Brian Good snug.bug at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 19 12:54:26 PDT 2009

   In a preview to an upcoming article about health care, Taibbi
blasts "the treachery of the Democratic leadership — Pelosi, Reid,
the White
House — for bargaining away real health care reform
before this process
even started."

    "Our president not only does not have any use anymore for a
public
option," Taibbi says, "but in fact 'will be satisfied' if there
is merely  'choice and
competition' in the market...."

   "Can you imagine Bush and Karl Rove allowing themselves to be
paraded
through Washington on a leash by some dimwit Republican
Senator of a
state with six people in it the way the Obama White
House this summer
is allowing Max Baucus (favorite son of the
mighty state of Montana) to
frog-march them to a one-term
presidency?"

http://trueslant.com/matttaibbi/2009/08/17/key-feature-of-obama-health-plan-may-be-out-washingtonpost-com/

  I don't know beans about health care.   Very selfishly, I lack
personal interest.  My parents are covered, I have no children to
support, and if I live my life right I'll be suicided like Gary Webb
and Hunter Thompson, and the best health care in the world can't
prevent that.

  I like Taibbi.  I've been criticized in the 9/11 Truth movement for
promoting him (you may recall that I digested his article about
Goldman Sachs) but I can get along just fine with people like Taibbi
who are ignorant about 9/11.  I think he's the closest thing to a New
Hunter Thompson that we've got.  Dr. Gonzo's death was an
enormous loss to the movement.   HST had been gearing up his
entire life for the fight against an evil that made Richard Nixon look
like a pussycat, and I don't believe for a minute that he would have
fallen for Obama's nonsense.