[Sosfbay-discuss] Fw: The JESUS Machine

Drew Johnson JamBoi at Greens.org
Mon Feb 2 00:24:27 PST 2009

Great point Edward!

As a Christian myself I am obviously strongly against Dominionism.
Dominionism is the self-label that these wackiligous unJesus-like
shouldn't-be-called-Christians like Gerry Falwell (R.I.P.), Pat Robertson,
 have given themselves and their movement.  I believe in calling them out
for their opposition to Jesus.  One of my liberal friends ( who is not a
subscriber to any particular religion) once pleaded with me to talk to
Falwell, Robertson and their ilk because maybe they would give me standing
to talk to them (me being a Christian).  My friend wanted *someone* to
reason with these unreasonable people.  While  I was very, very, very
sympathetic with her plea I was extremely skeptical that they would listen
to me, because as a Progressive Christian, I knew they would take one look
at me and instantly turn off their hearing aids.  That's because they
themselves are not Christians and not followers of Jesus.

Real Jesus that is.  Real Jesus was adamantly opposed to everything these
Dominionists stand for.   Real Jesus is a man of Peace.  So much so the
New Testament calls him the 'Prince of Peace'.  The Dominionists are
warmongers and they know zip about any Prince of Peace, nor would they
want to know.  They are idolators of power and want nothing to do with the
real Jesus or Jesus' God.  They worship a (IMO satanic) god of Domination.
 I call their idol AntiJesus (although AntiChrist or UnJesus would work
too).  World Domination is what they love about, not loving God, loving
your neighbor and loving yourself.  As a matter of fact about the only
critique I have of this "The JESUS Machine" book and its message is that
it is entirely inaccurate to label it 'Jesus' anything.  I think it would
be better called 'The AntiJesus Machine', because AntiJesus is who the
Dominionists worship, not Jesus.

The Christian Church collectively has totally fallen down on its job of
not confronting and exposing these wolves in sheep's clothing/false
prophets.  Tragically many weak-minded ignorant Christian's have been
sucked and suckered into following these prophets of hell and fallen away
from Jesus in so doing.  The result being among other things the last
eight years of NeoCon Amerikkka.  The Church has blown it big time and all
humanity, indeed the whole Earth has been made to suffer as a result.  As
a Christian, as a follower of Jesus (Real Jesus that is, not the AntiJesus
of the Dominionists), I can only hang my head in shame and get right about
the business or righting wrongs, even though so much crime has already
been committed in 'Jesus' name.

Along those lines I've committed myself to delivering a rebuke to Pastor
Rick Warren for us unJesus-like attitudes towards Gays and his subsequent
misleading of millions of Christians away from Jesus' loving,
inclusiveness towards ALL, be they hetero-, bi- trans-, a- or homosexual.
  I've actually met and talked with Pastor Warren so I think I might have
a little standing w/ him.  This action could be a first action that our
group took so if any of y'all would like to help me out in delivering this
rebuke, I'd greatly appreciate it.

btw I run an e-mail list called 'GreenJesus' for Green Party members who
are followers of  Jesus.  Just ask if me you'd like to join.

Jesus is green!

Drew