[Sosfbay-discuss] Agenda adjustments

Drew Johnson JamBoi at Greens.org
Tue Feb 3 22:19:19 PST 2009

One more 3 Minute Item: I'm working with San Mateans to put together a
Regional Gathering, probably in March.  Report.

+ Yes there are breakout groups to be done.  We need to move away from
operating as a 'Committee of the Whole' all the time in our General
Meetings and instead empower committees and working groups.  For example:

1) the Green Media Group has been largely awaiting the recovery of and
availability of Andi.  I nominate her to be the female CoChair and Wes to
be the male CoChair (although he can't physically be there, maybe he could
call in).  Roy (can't remember his last name -- not Nordblum), Mike
Fischetti and others had previously done great work and this group just
needs reignition.

2)  We've talked for a very long time about organizing our Letters to the
Editor and Resolutions.   Dana wrote one such resolution this past month.
Fred is great at that too and so is Gerry.  Its an ongoing need that
doesn't go away.  If someone brought materials folks could easily write up
letters right there during that time!

3) Most if not ALL the tabling arrangements could easily be made at that
time so we don't waste valuable General Meeting time with it.

4) Fundraising plans!!!

5)  Event Planning!!!

Does that illustrate it adequately?

Green is Go!