[Sosfbay-discuss] Agenda for 2/4/09 meeting

Fred Duperrault fredd at freeshell.org
Wed Feb 4 17:53:06 PST 2009

Dear Paul and other GRSCC Readers,

Please don't interpret what Drew has expressed re David Ledesma as the
truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

I'm sorry to have to enter this public discussion regarding
personalities and misinterpreted reports on what happened in certain
meetings, but I feel I must do so in the best interests of more than one
group in which Drew and I have been members, and in defense of David
Ledesma.

First of all, Drew's accusation of David Ladesma trying to "attack" him
  was inaccurate and unfair. Secondly, inferring that David "as an
outside disrupter who has ill intent toward the Green Party" was
uncalled for, not true. And, after hearing a critical word, but not
damning,  about David during a VFP meeting, Drew, at the very beginning
of the SRK planning meeting, confronted David as if he were a
prosecuting attorney accusing David of being an obstinate, incompatible
person.

Please don't accept Drew's wrong headed account of David Ledesma, his
character and motives.

Regretting having to intervene,

Fred Duperrault

Drew

Thank you for your clarification re; Ledesma's relationship with Green
Party

I heard him at a meeting of a peace group I belong to,  where  he
described his attitude against military recruitment and I felt he was
quite dedicated and seemed to do his actions on an individual basis  I
have been a registered Green Party voter for a number of years and
before that with other progressive small parties, regretfully none
have become major parties.  I thought Ledesma's ideas compatiblewith
the Greens, but am sorry he had difficulty cooperating with local
Greens.

I admire youriniative and energy in developing an Anti-Recruitment
Coalition and wish you well .People like you are sorely needed.

Have you considered working with Clean Money organization? They work
toward public financing of elections and this could benefit the Green
Party and other less than affluent parties.

Thank you your time and detailed explanation re Ledesma and the Greens

With continued hope for democracy and peace for all     Paul

0